Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 12-10-2015, 03:46 PM   #511
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by testsubject25 View Post
I've really been digging what some other companies like Prime 1 are doing, and to be honest, the price on this one has officially sent me off the edge. I've collected SS for years, but the cost for these pieces is getting insane and the excuses aren't holding water in my eyes. It's not an issue of "Can I afford it?" as much as it's "Am I getting my money's worth?" Granted, that's totally subjective, but I feel like I can get more bang for my collectible buck elsewhere with less worry about QC and years of development, etc. Anyhow, enjoy if you're getting it.
Well said. Sideshow seems to think they can keep raising their prices without offering collectors much of anything extra for the higher prices. With Prime 1, for example, they are more expensive and bigger pieces but you are getting a top quality piece with tons of switch outs like weapons and head sculpts to justify the price increase. Sideshow offers next to nothing in comparison. Prime 1's average price for a piece in their Batman line is $900 including all the extras versus Sideshow's average PF price is in the low to mid $500 now with one switch out if you are lucky and spotty quality.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 04:09 PM   #512
BurningRage
Inhumans

Composed of high-quality PVC, and polystone and striking a dastardly pose with bulging yellow eyes and a maniacal grin, you can almost hear the Goblin’s wicked cackle as he readies another deadly explosive pumpkin bomb from his ominous bag of tricks...

Wonder what parts are pvc.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 04:11 PM   #513
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 04:13 PM   #514
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
Composed of high-quality PVC, and polystone and striking a dastardly pose with bulging yellow eyes and a maniacal grin, you can almost hear the Goblin’s wicked cackle as he readies another deadly explosive pumpkin bomb from his ominous bag of tricks...

Wonder what parts are pvc.
probably the fabric parts hanging off the statue
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 04:15 PM   #515
SONICobra
Batman

I think it would have looked better if they had painted the smoke all that orange color with the shading like how it looks closer to the glider. its throwing me off that its orange there then white then orange again at the bottom. I like the way the orange part looks
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 04:23 PM   #516
SolidLiquidFox
Savage Dragon

The orange in the bottom is probably to have some continuity with the Spiderman statue.
SolidLiquidFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 04:29 PM   #517
IzeroI
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Really not liking the black part of the base on this or the other spidey statues
IzeroI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 04:43 PM   #518
BurningRage
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by IzeroI View Post
Really not liking the black part of the base on this or the other spidey statues
Racist
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 05:41 PM   #519
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
Seeing this pic, I think it looks pretty awesome here. I think Sideshow did a nice job with the design. Great work on that glider too!

As for the PVC elements, as other have mentioned, it's most likely the fabric and thinner elements. That's actually a good thing. Don't get your panties in a bunch guys.
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 05:57 PM   #520
IzeroI
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
Racist
Lol
IzeroI is offline   Reply With Quote