Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 03-13-2017, 10:15 PM   #181
Great Pheidias
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogo13 View Post
What would give you that idea? This is my first statue I ever fully painted. I appreciated what goes into making a statue. Its a lot of hours/work and creativity.

This kit painting only keeps my mind occupied from buying a couple of PCS, Prime1 or XM Statues.
if you want to be a vandal in your spare time no drama mate...keep them coming!
Great Pheidias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 10:16 PM   #182
ReTardist
The Herculoids

kinda makes you appreciate how hard it is to paint statues... especially with any sort of consistency
ReTardist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 10:32 PM   #183
The13thWarlock
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
What would give you that idea? This is my first statue I ever fully painted. I appreciated what goes into making a statue. Its a lot of hours/work and creativity.

This kit painting only keeps my mind occupied from buying a couple of PCS, Prime1 or XM Statues.
You have the take the Great One with a grain of salt. Every once in a while he writes something insightful, but the mods usually delete that. We are left to read his nonsense!
The13thWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 10:39 PM   #184
The13thWarlock

Quote:
These are some quick photos from my camera phone. It doesn't focus so well close up.

Thanks for those. I think if I get a kit I'm definitely going to spend some YouTube time watching eye painting tutorials. I knew once I started seeing these statues I'd regret not grabing one.

I think she is looking good. And to get to have the experience of painting her for $150... you can't go wrong. You are going to learn stuff on her that will pay off tenfold on your next statue! Keep the pics coming!!!
Old 03-13-2017, 10:41 PM   #185
gogo13
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReTardist View Post
kinda makes you appreciate how hard it is to paint statues... especially with any sort of consistency
Wow I really admire your work Ehren. I think Sculpting is much harder than painting. The sculptor is the foundation. The inspiration for the paint.

After painting this kit. I can't paint consistent. Its really hard. I do it when I'm in the mood. If not I paint really bad. It took over 2 or 3 weeks I think. Props to the artist/sculptor out there. Its not easy to produce when uninspired.

So much thought into the design/details of statue. Looking at the kit and the time spend . Its easier just to buy it fully painted . Let the professionals do there job.
gogo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 10:48 PM   #186
The13thWarlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReTardist View Post
You're right. I got the Viking and was repainting his skin with drybrush and wash techniques... I spent like a whole week working on just that. I kept thinking that if I was a worker in china they would have taken me behind the factory and beaten me with a hose for taking that much time!!!!

I honestly don't know how anyone can make a 1:4 scale statue, paint it, sell it for $400 and still be able to afford gas and McDonald's.

By the way... your Cat Girl looks awesome. I'm glad to see that even though you sold out to the mega corps you are still doing mercenary work on the side!!! Just kidding!!! Well not about Cat Girl... she's fantastic.

Anything planned for ARH? Or... maybe your own line?
Old 03-13-2017, 10:52 PM   #187
The13thWarlock

Quote:
Wow I really admire your work Ehren. I think Sculpting is much harder than painting. The sculptor is the foundation. The inspiration for the paint.

After painting this kit. I can't paint consistent. Its really hard. I do it when I'm in the mood. If not I paint really bad. It took over 2 or 3 weeks I think. Props to the artist/sculptor out there. Its not easy to produce when uninspired.

So much thought into the design/details of statue. Looking at the kit and the time spend . Its easier just to buy it fully painted . Let the professionals do there job.
You will never be able to fully appreciate a painted statue like you will be able to appreciate one you do yourself. You're going to see every line, etching and detain that Went into that sculpt.
Old 03-13-2017, 10:55 PM   #188
gogo13

Quote:
Originally Posted by The13thWarlock View Post
Thanks for those. I think if I get a kit I'm definitely going to spend some YouTube time watching eye painting tutorials. I knew once I started seeing these statues I'd regret not grabing one.

I think she is looking good. And to get to have the experience of painting her for $150... you can't go wrong. You are going to learn stuff on her that will pay off tenfold on your next statue! Keep the pics coming!!!
Thanks 13th Warlock!

LOL thats how I learn how to paint this statue. Youtube. Definitely watch Youtube videos for the eyes. I painted them at least 4 times. before I sorta thought they were ok.

I think they have a $250 kit for sale. It doesn't have any of the structural issues of the first kit. I had to epoxy the base to make the statue more stable and adjust the joints. The design and details of the statue is still out standing.

Old 03-13-2017, 11:07 PM   #189
The13thWarlock

I might get the Eve kit but I don't know. I have about 50 miniatures to paint first!!!
Old 03-13-2017, 11:16 PM   #190
gogo13

Quote:
Originally Posted by The13thWarlock View Post
I might get the Eve kit but I don't know. I have about 50 miniatures to paint first!!!
that's alot. Your hands are full. I imagine the miniatures will looks awesome when done.