Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 11-21-2005, 09:27 PM   #21
elwood49
What is a free gift? Aren't all gifts free?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooktroop
i mean crap these things are made of thin plastic. MR is the master of the price gouge
I agree that there is a LOT of plastic in the piece, but it's hardly thin or overpriced. Remember, the original model has more plastic than the MR one. MR's is reinforced with metal so that the weight doesn't cause the plastic to bend.

Seriously, this thing has to break down into hundreds of parts to paint/assemble. I have the signature version, and it's my favorite piece in my collection. I'll never sell it barring something catastophic. I got mine from the same person that Zurb got his from, and he cut me a nice deal.

I'm trying to cut back on my collecting with the exception of pieces like this. I want only "centerpieces" from now on. Bring on the Y-Wing and Falcon!
elwood49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 01:37 PM   #22
zimmermouse
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I don't really understand why some people gives the impression that they "hates" the first edition of the AT-AT.
In my opinion the pose is way nicer, the "new" one just stands there. without any intention to crush the snowspeeder. You can see much more of the AT-AT because of the mirror base. The paintjob is maybe a bit to dark to my opinion and the snow painted on it is spoiling the model.
This later AT-AT represents a scene from the movie, which gives this model a bit Mc Farlane (movie maniacs) kind a look, again my opinion, guys don't feel offended or anything but I have the first one and that is a very nice piece too. Believe me!
I definately don't dislike the later model, that one is very nice too and the signature just , but you know....
zimmermouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 01:46 PM   #23
cap70
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zurbaran1
I have to disagree with you. The Signature series AT-AT is not cheap in any respect. It is a huge, impressive piece. It weighs a ton and clearly is not made from thin plastc.
Couldn't agree more with you Zurb. I have both versions, and both are VERY well made and very worth their price range. I like both of them, but IF I had to choose only one, It would be the new Signature model. The snowspeeder, the snow base, the paint job..everything makes it looking like a "slice" of the movie. It's just so damn cool.
cap70 is offline   Reply With Quote