Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 09-24-2017, 09:31 PM   #1771
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
Although I have no problem with it, SS should make the body more muscular to satisfy the masses. I've never used a digital sculpting program but this looks to be created using digital program so maybe SS can play around with the anatomy and print it
agree 100%!!
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 09:51 PM   #1772
savage.CAP
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Please give me a superman flying rogue ! I want all jim lees xmen again.
savage.CAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 10:13 PM   #1773
Chargersfan57
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa909 View Post
agree! sculpt is spectacular. But the white outfit and turtle neck are a no go for serious fans.

before the XM fanboys get their panties in a bunch, this is my opinion so continue speculate on the "impending sellout" LOL!!
Actually if anything I think it would be a for sure go for serious fans.

The casuals will just want mags in his iconic outfit but the more hardcore will want mags in his other incarnations.

I will one day love to own a classic mags but this white mags is too quality not to own.

Besides everything is classic mags, very few companies will take risks and offer variations which I honestly love.

I also love the fact that xm makes entirely new pieces for character variations, so when we see another classic he'll be entirely different from the white one. They won't reuse his base or anything and simply repaint him.

None of us have seen the xm piece painted yet but I feel he'll be a knockout once done.

I hope SS does the necessary freaks and makes theirs a piece to own as well!
Chargersfan57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 10:24 PM   #1774
aa909
The Green Hornet

^^^How many licensed 1/4 classic mags have been released in the last 5 yrs?
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 10:50 PM   #1775
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargersfan57 View Post
Actually if anything I think it would be a for sure go for serious fans.

The casuals will just want mags in his iconic outfit but the more hardcore will want mags in his other incarnations.

I will one day love to own a classic mags but this white mags is too quality not to own.

Besides everything is classic mags, very few companies will take risks and offer variations which I honestly love.

I also love the fact that xm makes entirely new pieces for character variations, so when we see another classic he'll be entirely different from the white one. They won't reuse his base or anything and simply repaint him.

None of us have seen the xm piece painted yet but I feel he'll be a knockout once done.

I hope SS does the necessary freaks and makes theirs a piece to own as well!
I'd be satisfied if SS reworked it to look like their mutant brotherhood print....i also wonder what exactly are they tweaking, my guess would be to attach the shoulder/chest plate to the body but who knows.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 11:25 PM   #1776
savage.CAP
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
I'd be satisfied if SS reworked it to look like their mutant brotherhood print....i also wonder what exactly are they tweaking, my guess would be to attach the shoulder/chest plate to the body but who knows.
Yeah. Hopefully it will be ready for nycc like Alex said the team was hoping for.
savage.CAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 12:40 AM   #1777
Chargersfan57
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
I'm not talking strictly 1/4, I'm talking all statues, action figures, Magneto Barbie dolls, Magneto anything really. By and large anything related to magneto is going to be classic red and purple. Outfit variations are created in much fewer numbers. Companies go with what's most recognized.

Another example would be wolverine. Without numbers in front of me I could all but guarantee you'll see more spandex wearing wolverine as opposed to weapon x.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
Just noticed I meant to out tweaks not freaks lol.

Yeah none of us know just yet their plans for Magneto. Hopefully they're changing would most are critiquing. I don't know that they'll change the entire sculpt of the body but they're for sure doing the little things I'd imagine.
Chargersfan57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 01:30 AM   #1778
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Reading the other forum I was happy to see a a lot of people disappointed with this magneto as well lol... one poster did post this bit of info regarding the tweaks.

For anyone interested, here was SSAlex's response to my question on what is being looked at in terms of tweaks:

"I know the collar, some of the paint, and cape flow were all being looked at for tweaking. What will actually be done and how it will turn out is unknown to me at this time. I won't know the final look for that piece until it's presented as totally finished. "
Old 09-25-2017, 01:41 AM   #1779
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
You can go back 10 years. I don't care how many classic Mags have been released over the years in various scales, in the last 10 years there has been only one classic Mags released in 1/4 scale and most collectors never even had a chance to PO the first XM Mags.

I give XM ultimate props. They did it right. Classic Mags first and then a different version after that. Sideshow should do the EXACT same thing. Release a classic PF of every character first and then do whatever they want to after that. They can even get cute and release made up costumes (like they did with their Mags and Deathstroker PFs) for all I care, so long as we get the classics first.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 01:45 AM   #1780
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by COI View Post
Hopefully this face is on the tweaking block...

I mean how do you have the best face sculptor and overall sculptor in the industry imo and xm creates a better face sculpt... This is twilight zone sh#t.