Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 09-30-2017, 11:42 PM   #1801
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenMotors View Post
At least Wolverine is done. I’ll be there next weekend and can’t wait to see that one in person.
Hell yeah im super stoked to see wolverine
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 01:38 AM   #1802
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince_be View Post
it's maybe a good news that Mag is not ready, maybe the tweaks are more important that we think and they are also doing a "pvc" scupted cape ?? WHy not. ? ..or they just don't want a second Mag bashing.?? I'm still confident in a way and i know it can only be better than what we've already seen. Come on Sideshow shut all our mouths
Would be cool but i think SS really wants a fabric cape for their mags, i'm guessing to separate themselves from the rest.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 01:51 AM   #1803
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
Would be cool but i think SS really wants a fabric cape for their mags, i'm guessing to separate themselves from the rest.
After Huntress, my stance is f**k all fabric capes. I hate them, and am not sure if I will ever buy a statue with one again.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 03:00 AM   #1804
Mr.Mxyzptlk
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
After Huntress, my stance is f**k all fabric capes. I hate them, and am not sure if I will ever buy a statue with one again.
I agree 100% with you!!!!!
Mr.Mxyzptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 09:55 AM   #1805
Vpuik
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

#capegate
Vpuik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 11:12 AM   #1806
nyvega002
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I really want to hold onto hope that this will become something worth pre-ordering, but it is so hard knowing how amazing other Magneto statues have been in comparison. I would never be able to afford any of the customs, but knowing they exist makes it feel like POing this is settling HARD.
nyvega002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 11:54 AM   #1807
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyvega002 View Post
I really want to hold onto hope that this will become something worth pre-ordering, but it is so hard knowing how amazing other Magneto statues have been in comparison. I would never be able to afford any of the customs, but knowing they exist makes it feel like POing this is settling HARD.
Yup, exactly!

If SSC doesn't make this into an exceptional piece like they did with Thanos on Throne, then PO'ing this will be settling.

All I can say is ...don't be afraid to wait for a better option. Surely a better option will come along. I won't have any problems saying "NO" if this piece doesn't meet my expectations.
AC_808 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 12:04 PM   #1808
AlizAbef
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post

All I can say is ...don't be afraid to wait for a better option. Surely a better option will come along. I won't have any problems saying "NO" if this piece doesn't meet my expectations.
It's why they hired Bel. I realize they basically said, "Nah, that's not why we got him." But they did. Mags is a money maker, and so is Bel.
AlizAbef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 03:56 PM   #1809
WalkerFodder
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlizAbef View Post
It's why they hired Bel. I realize they basically said, "Nah, that's not why we got him." But they did. Mags is a money maker, and so is Bel.
I honestly don't know what combination of features would turn this into a must-buy for me. I feel like the arm needs to be straightened, Mags should be beefier and collar/chest needs work, but I'm just looking forward to seeing something a bit different.

On a side note: Huge Credit to Sideshow if they are truly making noticeable adjustments due to collector feedback. This Mags is an instant sellout even if it were a 7.5/10 (or less - who knows). It's Magneto!

They could've rolled this beast out, as is, following their routine of not changing anything of value after unveiling to the public, but they're going back and doing right by Magnus and his rabid fan base.

Here's to hoping the changes push it into legend status
WalkerFodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 04:35 PM   #1810
nyvega002
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkerFodder View Post
They could've rolled this beast out, as is, following their routine of not changing anything of value after unveiling to the public, but they're going back and doing right by Magnus and his rabid fan base.

Here's to hoping the changes push it into legend status
I don't know about "legend status," but I would like to believe that SS wouldn't pull a piece back for revisions if the changes wouldn't be worth it. To do this and just end up with an altered collar piece, for example, would seem like a waste of changes.
nyvega002 is offline   Reply With Quote