Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-01-2017, 05:02 PM   #1811
AlizAbef
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkerFodder View Post
I honestly don't know what combination of features would turn this into a must-buy for me. I feel like the arm needs to be straightened, Mags should be beefier and collar/chest needs work, but I'm just looking forward to seeing something a bit different.

On a side note: Huge Credit to Sideshow if they are truly making noticeable adjustments due to collector feedback. This Mags is an instant sellout even if it were a 7.5/10 (or less - who knows). It's Magneto!

They could've rolled this beast out, as is, following their routine of not changing anything of value after unveiling to the public, but they're going back and doing right by Magnus and his rabid fan base.

Here's to hoping the changes push it into legend status
I'm not saying they picked up Bel to save this Mags. I'm saying they picked up Bel for a future Mags project. (Even though Sideshow denies it)
AlizAbef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 05:04 PM   #1812
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlizAbef View Post
It's why they hired Bel. I realize they basically said, "Nah, that's not why we got him." But they did. Mags is a money maker, and so is Bel.
I hope so ...I truly hope so.
AC_808 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 05:05 PM   #1813
Redpower
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyvega002 View Post
I don't know about "legend status," but I would like to believe that SS wouldn't pull a piece back for revisions if the changes wouldn't be worth it. To do this and just end up with an altered collar piece, for example, would seem like a waste of changes.

Redpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 07:22 PM   #1814
WalkerFodder
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redpower View Post
I highlighted your post to see if you hid something exciting in the gap..you did not
WalkerFodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 02:33 AM   #1815
Chester
Mephisto

I already liked the one they showed, so it can only get better
Chester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 03:55 AM   #1816
Redpower
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
I highlighted your post to see if you hid something exciting in the gap..you did not

Unfortunately not , looking forward to see as much as you , that is MAGNETO !
Redpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 07:37 AM   #1817
IzeroI
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Since Wolverine is fully done and about to be shown I wonder when he'll go up for PO
IzeroI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 07:39 PM   #1818
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
I honestly don't know what combination of features would turn this into a must-buy for me. I feel like the arm needs to be straightened, Mags should be beefier and collar/chest needs work, but I'm just looking forward to seeing something a bit different.

On a side note: Huge Credit to Sideshow if they are truly making noticeable adjustments due to collector feedback. This Mags is an instant sellout even if it were a 7.5/10 (or less - who knows). It's Magneto!

They could've rolled this beast out, as is, following their routine of not changing anything of value after unveiling to the public, but they're going back and doing right by Magnus and his rabid fan base.

Here's to hoping the changes push it into legend status
For me, it would be a buy if they adjusted his head angle, reworked his face( maybe the head sculpt looks better without the helmet idk but from what i see, not a fan) and attach his chest plate/collar to the body, also i found the leg that attaches to the base to be a bit at an awkward angle. I'm with northern on not liking fabric capes but what can we do....As long as the body and head sculpt holds up i'll be happy. I'm desperate for a mags lol.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 09:40 PM   #1819
Synzaic
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
Hopefully this face is on the tweaking block...

I mean how do you have the best face sculptor and overall sculptor in the industry imo and xm creates a better face sculpt... This is twilight zone sh#t.
.....they did it twice actually....or i guess 4 times technically.

Maybe its not so twilight zone after all
Synzaic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 03:10 AM   #1820
nyvega002
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

The full reveal for the companion Wolverine PF makes me very excited for what Magneto COULD be. I wish we could get updates, but I know we're lucky that we're even getting changes so I won't ask for too much.

STILL, as nice as Wolverine is, seeing updated Magneto will be pivotal for collectors deciding whether to commit to this line.
nyvega002 is offline   Reply With Quote