Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 01-24-2019, 05:38 PM   #61
XMRogue
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I sold my XM Black Bolt and Sideshow 2018 Wolverine and luckily I ended up getting really lucky with buyers.

Just in case, I took tons of photos of both and paid for signed delivery and insurance on shipping.

The guy at UPS was an asshole and was like "Did you pack this correctly? You know we use conveyor belts and the box can fall off. Would you be able to drop it from standing height?"

Why even say ---- like this. It's why I'm buying insurance, dumb ----! Still so angry he'd even suggest they are going to break the statue during the shipping process like selling it isn't stressful enough!

Fortunately both arrived safely and the clock is ticking on their being able to ask for refunds. I did get a message from the Wolverine buyer (who I made a deal with and sold at a discount) that it arrived in perfect condition and he loves the statue, but haven't heard anything from the XM Black Bolt buyer. Makes me nervous but soon I'll be in the clear on them.

I'm 50/50 on whether I will end up selling my XM Dark Phoenix when she arrives - I really have no where for her in my house but we'll see. When the pieces are over $1000 selling online really makes me nervous.
XMRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 06:10 PM   #62
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMRogue View Post
The guy at UPS was an asshole and was like "Did you pack this correctly? You know we use conveyor belts and the box can fall off. Would you be able to drop it from standing height?"

Why even say ---- like this. It's why I'm buying insurance, dumb ----! Still so angry he'd even suggest they are going to break the statue during the shipping process like selling it isn't stressful enough!
Yeah, Mr. UPS was a jerk, but it's a good reminder that people should use size-appropriate boxes with adequate padding. Someone shipped me a statue in a box that was way too big. She used foam pieces to secure the corners but otherwise didn't use any other padding. The shipping box was crushed in all the places that didn't have foam, so the statue was damaged anyway.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 09:27 PM   #63
Rycher
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMRogue View Post
I sold my XM Black Bolt and Sideshow 2018 Wolverine and luckily I ended up getting really lucky with buyers.

Just in case, I took tons of photos of both and paid for signed delivery and insurance on shipping.

Fortunately both arrived safely and the clock is ticking on their being able to ask for refunds. I did get a message from the Wolverine buyer (who I made a deal with and sold at a discount) that it arrived in perfect condition and he loves the statue, but haven't heard anything from the XM Black Bolt buyer. Makes me nervous but soon I'll be in the clear on them.

I'm 50/50 on whether I will end up selling my XM Dark Phoenix when she arrives - I really have no where for her in my house but we'll see. When the pieces are over $1000 selling online really makes me nervous.
I used to insure my statues until I heard (I believe from a guy who worked at my local ups) about how unreliable the claims process is. If memory serves, he suggested that aside from cases in which they lost my package, they'd have to run over my package with their truck in order for me to to have a claim. Now I simply require a signature and pray. But I (fortunately) have never had to go through the process so this is all just speculation.
Rycher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 10:10 PM   #64
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rycher View Post
I used to insure my statues until I heard (I believe from a guy who worked at my local ups) about how unreliable the claims process is. If memory serves, he suggested that aside from cases in which they lost my package, they'd have to run over my package with their truck in order for me to to have a claim. Now I simply require a signature and pray. But I (fortunately) have never had to go through the process so this is all just speculation.
USPS claims process is fairly quick and painless if you use their website.
Old 01-26-2019, 09:58 PM   #65
wizardjones
Statue Forum MacDaddy

I take before and after packaging pictures for the buyer with a date and time stamp. I also take a small video of the packing process for my own records and ensure the person buys insurance on their statue.
wizardjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 05:30 AM   #66
Comicbookguy
Hercules

I do take pics of the contents and box before I ship most of them. The Usps won’t give refunds 99% of the times because they are going broke. Just look at the way they run those places now with line 2 employees and the lines are like 20-40 people at times. They won’t give a refund if a statue breaks unless the box is shredded. I fought them over and over and it’s no use. If you use them don’t expect a refund even if it’s insured. It does absolutely no use at all for high price items. Unless you’re super lucky.
Also all the pics and videos will do absolutely no good if the buyer wants to scam you 99% of the times. I’ve called eBay many times, provided tons of pics as proof and buyer automatically wins when they switched out my statue. The top ebay manager said the only way I would win is if the buyer admits he scammed me. How stupid is that policy? I told him, if someone is going to scam people they will never admit to it.
I’ve had all these arise multiple times already. Sellers have no rights online selling these days.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 05:09 AM   #67
Gothamite
Phoenix

Lots of crappy sellers on eBay. Within the past two weeks, I've had two statues that were not actually shipped (but the sellers provided tracking numbers???), two statues that were described as new/mint but were damaged (and since the broken pieces weren't inside the box, they were damaged BEFORE they were packed), multiple refunds that were not issued properly, etc. So yeah, there're plenty of reasons why eBay seems to take buyers' side usually.

I type this as someone who sells on eBay, too.
Old 02-05-2019, 01:57 PM   #68
wizardjones
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
Lots of crappy sellers on eBay. Within the past two weeks, I've had two statues that were not actually shipped (but the sellers provided tracking numbers???), two statues that were described as new/mint but were damaged (and since the broken pieces weren't inside the box, they were damaged BEFORE they were packed), multiple refunds that were not issued properly, etc. So yeah, there're plenty of reasons why eBay seems to take buyers' side usually.

I type this as someone who sells on eBay, too.
Gaining the customer’s trust throught constant communication and documentation is a must these days on Ebay.
But some buyers in this hobby can be down right rude and obnoxious too. People sometimes email me as if i am a street merchant in some small city of India, telling me what I will take for my statue.
I think people just suck to be honest lol.
wizardjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 02:01 PM   #69
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizardjones View Post
Sadly true.
Old 02-05-2019, 02:01 PM   #70
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizardjones View Post
People sometimes email me as if i am a street merchant in some small city of India, telling me what I will take for my statue.
Or if you're not selling on eBay, the ones that tell you that you have to give them a 10% discount since you're not paying a cut to eBay.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote