Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 06-22-2016, 02:17 PM   #111
Redpower
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Those exclusive statue... Boring...

Just let collectors collect what they like without making it hard... We already have the PRICE of it to pay, enough...
Redpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 04:39 PM   #112
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remember Me? View Post
No, I am not blaming flippers. I am just saying the statue is only exclusive for that event, then it will attract mostly flippers. People will buy as many as they can, and then sell it online for a much higher price. It's unfair for those collectors who can't go due to uncontrollable circumstances will be the ones pay the "Flipper's" price.
I too understand, and those guys are dicks.
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 06:21 PM   #113
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I guess I just don't understand why XM is not doing the same thing as they did with Ghost Rider. Sure, do some of the POs at shows. Make people take a ticket -- or the first 150 at each show get the statue.

That means half of the allotment goes to show POs. The other half goes up on their site only for PO.

If the issue is that it sucks to wait in line and not get something, welcome to the con world. I have stood in plenty of lines to not get sketches. Sucks, but that's life.
Let's all be realistic though...how many of you will actually be willing to shell out $1599 SGD for this?

Any of you forgetting about the 5000 other awesome products XM is doing? Venom? Spiderman? X-Men? Star Wars? Transformers? Angelus? Planet Hulk? Hulk contest Hulk?
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 06:49 PM   #114
Khufu
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
Let's all be realistic though...how many of you will actually be willing to shell out $1599 SGD for this?

Any of you forgetting about the 5000 other awesome products XM is doing? Venom? Spiderman? X-Men? Star Wars? Transformers? Angelus? Planet Hulk? Hulk contest Hulk?
I have to agree plus their is the insane shipping this one will cost. I see this is for the die hard Iron Man fans and luxury statues folks.

All the flippers are going to have a tough time getting these. I know on of my sources hired people to PO Ghost Rider. So, they plan on subsidizing the cost of the associates expenses. So, you will likely see a premium added to cover the "cost of POing".

I expect at least a 100-200 SGD mark up over the non-Prestige SGD price. So, I expect the price to be aroud 2250SGD (1700 non-prestige price, 150 PO fee, and around 500 SGD shipping) or ~1650-1700 USD total.

Through one of other sources, Ghost Rider was 1250 USD plus what is likely to be 250-350 USD shipping.

All that being said, I'd love to have Hulkbuster with the insanely cool 1:4 Iron Man to boot, but its a pass for me. I just hope I get to see it in person while I'm in Singapore in November because I doubt I'd ever run across it otherwise.
Khufu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 07:17 PM   #115
Lockdown
Mephisto

This is going to be huge and expensive!!! I think this is going to cost around or more than $2000 US dollars for both Hulkbuster and the Extremis Iron Man and without shipping too. Considering that Imaginarium Art's 1/4 Hulk buster is 2300 SGD or 1700 US by itself. Maybe that's why XM is selling at conventions or their site only to see how many people actually wants it and hopefully the Chinese conventions(Beijing and Shanghai) and Singapore are receptive to their Hulkbuster because it will cost a lot for overseas collectors. The asian market loves robots and Iron man and the hype of superhero movies right now, XM wants to attract the Chinese market which is still not big compare to North America.
Lockdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 07:47 PM   #116
frenchyoutoo
Nightwing

XM just need to cough up the dough and fork it out for the international license
Im thinking, whatevers being said, they dont have the international license by choice. Why would you when you sell out "locally" and are already one of the big competitors in the statue game? Seems like all other companies can get it. Marvel likes money, like any business, to me makes no sense thats theres a "restriction". Note: This is all my speculation

but if XM are that successful obviously they dont have to.. i probs wouldnt.
frenchyoutoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 08:13 PM   #117
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post

Whoa whoa whoa!

Angelus?! ....don't make promises you can't keep Loric! You better be right!
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 08:26 PM   #118
KELPIE
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchyoutoo View Post
XM just need to cough up the dough and fork it out for the international license
Im thinking, whatevers being said, they dont have the international license by choice. Why would you when you sell out "locally" and are already one of the big competitors in the statue game? Seems like all other companies can get it. Marvel likes money, like any business, to me makes no sense thats theres a "restriction". Note: This is all my speculation

XM can't get the license in certain regions because other companies hold exclusive rights for those areas.
KELPIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 09:29 PM   #119
ambasah
Red Skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchyoutoo View Post

name one company that has a worldwide license for 1/4 scale Marvel comic book characters outside of Sideshow?

The only reason that IS or (eventually) Prime1 can distribute to North America is that Sideshow is the middleman and getting a cut.

That will never happen with XM...Sideshow doesn't like them, and my guess is that the feeling is mutual.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 06:05 AM   #120
Spidey976
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Wow this piece is just amazing..... Definitely the best comic Hulbuster out there. Stunning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambasah View Post
name one company that has a worldwide license for 1/4 scale Marvel comic book characters outside of Sideshow?

The only reason that IS or (eventually) Prime1 can distribute to North America is that Sideshow is the middleman and getting a cut.

That will never happen with XM...Sideshow doesn't like them, and my guess is that the feeling is mutual.
I think it may be way more complicated then just not liking each other. There is a lot of weird history between the two, and let face it their fans.
Spidey976 is offline   Reply With Quote