Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-18-2024, 07:18 AM   #61
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainSmiley View Post

Considering what looks like $2k after tax and shipping for the P1, it shouldn't be hard at all...

I've done the math a long time ago, & all considered,(price, anatomy, portraits, details, paint apps, line & form), nobody comes close. It's Sideshow.

Pound for pound, Sideshow is the "goat", and they are delivering the goods like crazy, no doubt.

Just wish I saw this kicka$$ Sideshow product avalanche coming sooner, to better prepare. And no, not to get out of the way of this unprecedented wave, but rather to embrace it, ride it, unscathed.

It's been a hell of a ride so far, & the year just got started. Again, strap-in, because this is just the beginning!

P.S. Now I really want to see Canale's take on this Constantine, hoping Sideshow goes "dark", gnarly & mean.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2024, 07:33 AM   #62
Halcyon
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Canale has done many Joker and SpiderMan pieces. He can do a non-bulky character.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronLungs31 View Post
Well the main man Martin Canale is on the sculpt then this piece is in good hands that for sure.

Most of my SS pieces are Canale.

Now hoping SS will not go for their artistic 'reflective light source' paint scheme..
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2024, 10:59 AM   #63
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainSmiley View Post

Considering what looks like $2k after tax and shipping for the P1, it shouldn't be hard at all...
Just because the Sideshow version will be a lot cheaper, doesn't mean it will be better.

Sideshow marked this piece up quite a bit from the original retail of $1,499. I paid nowhere near $2k for mine, including shipping. It all depends on where you shop.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2024, 11:24 AM   #64
AC_808
Hercules

Here's a perfect opportunity for Canale to show that not all his sculpts are over-sized and beefy. All he has to do is capture the comic character.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2024, 01:16 PM   #65
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Just because the Sideshow version will be a lot cheaper, doesn't mean it will be better.
Doesn?t have to be better to be the better buy. There is a price limit for this stuff people are willing to absorb.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2024, 04:16 PM   #66
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
Doesn?t have to be better to be the better buy. There is a price limit for this stuff people are willing to absorb.

I suspect it will be. Better that is.

No doubt Martin Canale's version will have more depth/finesse/details giving this Sideshow version soul. Even if it's a damned, tortured one bound for hell!

I expect nothing less than demons & monsters to fill out this roster, with some deliciously depraved surprises in between.

Constantine.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote