Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 04-06-2013, 10:30 PM   #91
Atheris
The Maxx

Good to know df, mine should be arriving next week sometime. The LED's in the base really make this piece stand out. Looking forward to getting mine.

Chris
Atheris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 06:56 AM   #92
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijuboy View Post
It's here (after a small delay) and its awesome, I'll let the pictures speak for themselves:

awesome display kaijuboy
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 02:39 AM   #93
crok27
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfchang View Post
I've done a closer comparison between this one and the Sideshow version and I have to emphasize that THEY ARE IDENTICAL. There's no doubt in my mind now that the same master was used. The base too. Diameter is identical.

Basically this is essentially a "reissue" of the Sideshow version except with a lighted base and an acrylic tube.

Just wanted to make that clear to people who either own or don't own the original version of this . . .
I was always under the impression that SS destroyed the molds once they reached the edition number stated. I have the original release and have no intention of buying this one but I would have liked to get a hold of the acrylic tube for mine.
crok27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:09 AM   #94
MK Ultra
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Could be, could be that the original SIDESHOW molds are long gone but not the molds that reside at Stan Winston, Legacy Effects, Lucas Francis or whatever studio they got these molds from. I remember seeing several life size Giger Aliens' that look almost identical to my HCG life size Alien, saw them waay before HCG produced my piece. Maybe these original molds reside at 20th Century Fox? Who knows.
MK Ultra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 04:19 PM   #95
Devo
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Im so happy with this piece, well worth the wait. Been calling for a remake with acrylic tube years ago; the blue lights are a bonus and give off a nice eerie glow.

Bigger than expected at 28" in case, so makes for a nice display. The tube is far better than the original promo pics. They showed a narrow tube sitting on the second tier. This is one chunky tube, sitting flush on base, just like the cyberdyne scene.

If anyone missed out, on the sideshow, icons, etc...get this before it goes. One amazing replica from an awesome movie.
Devo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:31 PM   #96
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

Is it the same cold cast resin as the original. One thing I always likes about Sideshow's arm was that it felt metallic to the touch.
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 02:36 AM   #97
crok27
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK Ultra View Post
Could be, could be that the original SIDESHOW molds are long gone but not the molds that reside at Stan Winston, Legacy Effects, Lucas Francis or whatever studio they got these molds from. I remember seeing several life size Giger Aliens' that look almost identical to my HCG life size Alien, saw them waay before HCG produced my piece. Maybe these original molds reside at 20th Century Fox? Who knows.
You might be right there but like you say who knows for sure.
crok27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 02:48 PM   #98
Devo
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidgit View Post
Is it the same cold cast resin as the original. One thing I always likes about Sideshow's arm was that it felt metallic to the touch.
No mate it's not cold to the touch, doubt it's triple chrome plated like the SS. It's all about the weathering now, to save money on proper paint app. I'm amazed no SS Battle damaged Robo Busts have come out yet

The endo in the cyberdyne scene was shown as weathered, so all good to me. Anyone who has a previously released version, doesnt really need this...tube is nice, but displays equally well without. Great piece.
Devo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:46 PM   #99
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devo View Post
No mate it's not cold to the touch, doubt it's triple chrome plated like the SS. It's all about the weathering now, to save money on proper paint app. I'm amazed no SS Battle damaged Robo Busts have come out yet

The endo in the cyberdyne scene was shown as weathered, so all good to me. Anyone who has a previously released version, doesnt really need this...tube is nice, but displays equally well without. Great piece.
Thanks for the info mate. I was lucky enough to pick up the original Sideshow piece back in day. Either way, they both look awesome
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 04:25 AM   #100
jkno4u
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Seeing the pics here, I'm really thinking of getting the endo arm. Could please anyone tell me how tall is the arm with the tube/base?
jkno4u is offline   Reply With Quote