I.....will....order.

Chris
Atheris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:25 PM   #12
Mitch
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
Missed out on the SS version, this looks like a must have. Anyone notice differences between this and the SS version besides LEDs ?

I don't believe there are any differences besides the LED modification to the base. The reason for this is that this piece is probably just Sideshows piece licensed for use by HCG......just as Sideshows was obtained through the initial Icons version.

That's the thing about this industry.
Particular pieces end up being re-issued by different companies as time goes by. It is one of the key loop holes that is used to circumvent the whole issue of limited editions. By newer companies buying up the molds from companies that closed shop they can drastically reduce production time & costs.

It hurts the (new) customer in end because it means that we keep getting the same product again & again with no significant improvements.
Mitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 12:03 AM   #13
kelikoi
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I'll try to go back and ask the shop attendant. So far he can't give too much information about the piece except that of the materials used.

Besides, the staff are Japanese and it's kind of difficult to have a decent conversation (2 years here and I still don't know a damn Nihonggo!)
kelikoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 01:44 AM   #14
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
I don't believe there are any differences besides the LED modification to the base. The reason for this is that this piece is probably just Sideshows piece licensed for use by HCG......just as Sideshows was obtained through the initial Icons version.

That's the thing about this industry.
Particular pieces end up being re-issued by different companies as time goes by. It is one of the key loop holes that is used to circumvent the whole issue of limited editions. By newer companies buying up the molds from companies that closed shop they can drastically reduce production time & costs.

It hurts the (new) customer in end because it means that we keep getting the same product again & again with no significant improvements.
In some cases, I agree with you, but we've only had one endo arm and that goes for a lot of money. This is a great piece for ppl like me that missed the SS release. It's not like this happens all the time ala hot toys
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 01:22 PM   #15
thx217
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Absolutely agreed. It's getting bored to see the same thing over(Icons) and over(Sideshow) and over(HCG) again.
thx217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:49 AM   #16
dfchang
The Riddler

Well if it has lighting, an acrylic tube, and superior materials (metal and chromed resin parts) with good QC then I would be interested.

I own the 1:1 Sideshow one and while it's nice, I think it can be improved upon at least in terms of materials and workmanship.
dfchang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 02:27 AM   #17
ONEYE
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Sad thing is that it won't reach the proper level of anal retentiveness accuracy. However, only the most discriminating will have an issue with that.
ONEYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 03:50 AM   #18
Spazzy
Hercules

Sweet missed out on the SS, the $750 price tag is a bit much, but compared to the secondary market it isn't bad
Spazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:35 PM   #19
Dirt Torpedo
The Thunderbolts

It's up for order.
Dirt Torpedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:39 PM   #20
Atheris
The Maxx

Ha! I just made a thread on this...

wrong forum obviously lol

http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=132159