Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 09-06-2020, 10:03 PM   #3401
pdenham
Teen Titans

I boxed mine up at the end of 2018- so I can't recall what the procedure was- but this statue is probably the most nerve-wracking one I've ever set up.

From what I recall- at least as regards my sample- the steel pin is at coming out of his foot at an angle so you can't just set the foot key in place and let gravity do the work. you had to -gingerly- angle the statue a bit for it to go in properly.

I remember putting a protective cloth around some of the finger before attempting all this, because it's easy to focus your attention on the one foot and not realize the other foot is banging into stuff.

Some people have broken the foot trying to force it in.

Next time I may just drill out that pin hole a little more before doing this. The rest of the key should be enough to keep it steady once you get it flush.
At least that's what I would think.

I do remember disassembling it was even more tense than putting it in. I was sure it was going to get broken at that point.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 10:03 PM   #3402
pdenham
Teen Titans

pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 11:10 PM   #3403
pau123
Sailor Moon

Assembling this one is definitely scary... You can see on youtube someof them. Mine when the front foot sit flush, definitely had to force it hard to get into that position. And i meant really hard.
pau123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 11:28 PM   #3404
built2shred
Phoenix

Hmm, mine went together fairly easily... Maybe I got one from a later batch...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 11:28 PM   #3405
built2shred
Phoenix

Hmm, mine went together fairly easily... Maybe I got one from a later batch...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 12:03 AM   #3406
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

My first one I had set him in base and it was so tight that when I tried to remove him the key snapped off in the hole making the statue useless . I had to destroy it and SS sent replacement that had metal peg that didn’t line up. I had to carefully with pliers bend the metal peg so it fit properly . Lucky it worked or it would have been 0/2 on Wolverine PF. He does look great in that pose . I need the brown version exactly like this one
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 12:04 AM   #3407
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

My first one I had set him in base and it was so tight that when I tried to remove him the key snapped off in the hole making the statue useless . I had to destroy it and SS sent replacement that had metal peg that didn’t line up. I had to carefully with pliers bend the metal peg so it fit properly . Lucky it worked or it would have been 0/2 on Wolverine PF. He does look great in that pose . I need the brown version exactly like this one
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 01:21 AM   #3408
Cammilletti
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I wish I was unlucky when I first got him, maybe I would have been lucky today. Mine went in like butter when I first got him, no bad peg, no gaps... Today he leans...
Cammilletti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 02:37 PM   #3409
djmogo89
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizardjones View Post
The neat thing about a character like Wolverine is that ( in my opinion) he kind of just fits in all of the Super Hero themed shelving. Wolvie has been on so many teams and is just a lone wolf that plopping him beside Batman wouldn't be so far fetched to the eyes of someone coming to look at your collection.
Now a character like Colossus on the other hand kinda fits better with having the other X-men around in regards to having an entire of line of characters.

I am resisting the urge to get this PF.. I put myself on statue rehab at the moment.
Yeah, you are right about that. Wolverine is a character that can transcend any brands.

But man, that X-Men line is looking so slick that is hard to resist. That new gambit is an awesome piece.
djmogo89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 03:50 PM   #3410
srttoz
Mephisto

Mine went in easy. I remember you had to lay the non pegged foot on the base first and then the peg should slide in easily. SHOULD is the keyword. But yes this is the best Wolverine around and it's the statue that got me back into collecting after I sold off my statues years ago. Since Wolverine I've picked up SS Mags, SS Cable, SS, Sabes, SS Gambit and have SS Deadpool on the way.
srttoz is offline   Reply With Quote