Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 05-06-2019, 02:11 PM   #171
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

I didn't realize the 1/7 Juggs was part of an entire line. I just thought he was a one off due to size. This may be interesting.

Did some searching and apparently Thor, Spiderman, Captain Marvel, and a Sentinel will be part of the line.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 02:49 PM   #172
Asgard
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I really like Juggs, but I do not like the helmet. He is too clean. As polished. No scratches, no dent. Does not match the bangles with their scratches and dents.
I mean, Juggi is right through a wall and a little battle damage would be cool
Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 03:13 PM   #173
Force of Nature
Marshal Law

Hi RisingPhoenix,
Thank you for posting; I have read your message with interest and pleasure.
As a big Juggernaut fan I will do my utmost to add this piece to my collection once it's released.
It may be the last piece I get together with the Juggernaut Maquette from Sideshow due to a serious lack of display space.
Taking a step back after acquiring these two pieces would be a majestic way to stop (at least for the time being) with this great hobby of ours.

Keep us the good work; I think this Juggernaut rocks!

Rainer
Force of Nature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 03:54 PM   #174
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
I didn't realize the 1/7 Juggs was part of an entire line. I just thought he was a one off due to size. This may be interesting.

Did some searching and apparently Thor, Spiderman, Captain Marvel, and a Sentinel will be part of the line.

Right.

GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 08:19 AM   #175
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

I wonder if this line will be continued beyond those 5 statues?
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 10:03 AM   #176
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Yeah it will continue if collectors support it. I'm more than likely ordering this guy. If I'm happy with Juggernaut then all the rest are a possibility.
Commander0Zero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 08:04 PM   #177
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Hi RisingPhoenix, appreciate the response. Since you brought up the fact Juggernaut is around the size of a 1/4 scale statue could you post a picture of him next to a 1/4 scale? It might help some of us get a better grasp of how massive this really is.

Also I have to agree with Asgard about the paint. It does seem very polished, especially on the helmet. It seemed to be much more detailed when the piece was previously on display. It's a big contrast when compared to the intricate base and it's almost like they don't belong in the same scene together.

Sorry if this sounds like nitpicking. I wouldn't be in this thread if I weren't really interested in the line.

Lastly, love your name and hope it is an indication of a particular character we will see in the future.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 07:11 AM   #178
RisingPhoenix
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Pizza View Post
Hi RisingPhoenix, appreciate the response. Since you brought up the fact Juggernaut is around the size of a 1/4 scale statue could you post a picture of him next to a 1/4 scale? It might help some of us get a better grasp of how massive this really is.

Also I have to agree with Asgard about the paint. It does seem very polished, especially on the helmet. It seemed to be much more detailed when the piece was previously on display. It's a big contrast when compared to the intricate base and it's almost like they don't belong in the same scene together.

Sorry if this sounds like nitpicking. I wouldn't be in this thread if I weren't really interested in the line.

Lastly, love your name and hope it is an indication of a particular character we will see in the future.
Hi Master Pizza (love your name too lol). Thanks for the feedback. Currently I don't have a side by side with a 1/4 scale piece but I can give you the measurements. This piece is 60cm L x 55cm W x 50cm H. Its a massive piece.

In regards to the paint, I'm not quite sure what you mean by polished? I'm guessing you mean you think Juggernaut should be more dirty? Our viewpoint for Juggs is that his helmet is never damaged in the comics, but his shoulder pads could be as they aren't magically protected. I understand everyone will have different opinions on that, but that was the direction we chose. In regards to Juggs himself, we went in a paint direction that was to bring him out through the middle of it, not make him merged into the background with more mess on his actual costume. I understand if that is what some people are meaning when they say polished, but up close and personal I think it looks quite outstanding. But I do appreciate the comments and this and if we think it can be improved that way I'm happy to always give that feedback to the team! Thanks!!
RisingPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 08:12 AM   #179
fsdre
Mephisto

Are there going to be preset edition sizes on these or will they be the MTO model for setting the ES
fsdre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 08:27 AM   #180
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I think it's cute he has a little "Hermes" belt

This statue is fun to look at. Just wish there was more color variation from Juggy and the school. Maybe some greens (from plants or ivy) in the house parts? Some brighter whites from paint that would be on door frames? I know its less than brown than before, just saying...

As a side note, I do wish we could change that Thor to an Asgardian Storm. Or SheThor. I'm sad the only lady on the list is Captain Marvel who I have zero interest in owning.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote