Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-05-2024, 12:19 PM   #21
PCS_Sagat_Buyer
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
Congrats to those of you still waiting on a 1/4 HULK.
Can we STOP congratulating people on this board? It was annoying before but now it doesn't even make sense. Congrats for being open to purchasing a piece? huh? Hows collecting going? Oh, you're waiting for a pre-order to open up? CONGRATS!
PCS_Sagat_Buyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2024, 12:32 PM   #22
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
I no longer have horse in this race. I've waited over 2 decades for sideshow to release a HULK PF NOT based on Kirby's art. My disappointment and frustration grew with each passing year I waited on a HULK PF I wanted to add to my collection. XM's Transformation HULK was finally released, and I can safely say, I no longer want or need another 1/4 HULK. Congrats to those of you still waiting on a 1/4 HULK. However, for me personally, that ship has sailed.
The same here. I finally picked up my HULK not so long ago, and he looks great!

LOADING: Image(s)

Some day i WILL add a She-HULK to the collection.
If Sideshow won't give it to me, then custom might be the way to go.
Imagine if JND offered a silicone She-HULK
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2024, 12:41 PM   #23
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
It has been a long time since the last one. I actually need a 1/4 Hulk so I'm intrigued.

Yup, same here. Hoping SSC shows us an exceptional Hulk PF.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2024, 12:41 PM   #24
Hannibal10
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCS_Sagat_Buyer View Post
Can we STOP congratulating people on this board? It was annoying before but now it doesn't even make sense. Congrats for being open to purchasing a piece? huh? Hows collecting going? Oh, you're waiting for a pre-order to open up? CONGRATS!
YES! Been saying this for years. "Congrats on buying something." So dumb.
Hannibal10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2024, 12:45 PM   #25
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCS_Sagat_Buyer View Post
No
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2024, 12:46 PM   #26
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronLungs31 View Post
About time! I've been needing a regular 1/4 Hulk in my collection since I started back collecting.

The last Hulk PF was about 10 years ago ...just about. It's about damn time for another one. Absolutely!
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2024, 12:47 PM   #27
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal10 View Post
YES! Been saying this for years. "Congrats on buying something." So dumb.
The point is more "congrats that x company is making something you've been wanting"...you know, because we're fans of statues, and this is a statue forum
IcedDog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2024, 01:09 PM   #28
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
The same here. I finally picked up my HULK not so long ago, and he looks great!

LOADING: Image(s)

Some day i WILL add a She-HULK to the collection.
If Sideshow won't give it to me, then custom might be the way to go.
Imagine if JND offered a silicone She-HULK
Nice! As a kid, I loved that show. However, comics are what got me to personally fall in love with the character. I'm always going to be a comics 1st type of guy. That's what made the wait for a 1/4 comic HULK I liked so agonizing. I was so frustrated because I couldn't even find a custom 1/4 HULK I liked. The second I laid eyes on the XM Transformation HULK, I knew my decades long wait came to an end.

Good luck with getting a She-Hulk for your collection. As collectors, I'm sure many of us are still waiting on versions of 1/4 characters we need to complete lineups. I'm personally still waiting on a classic Perez Deathstroke, a Martian Manhunter, and a classic Byrne Cyclops and Storm PF. I know a classic Storm PF has already been released, but I wasn't a fan of it.

Anyway, here's hoping sideshow nails this new HULK PF for those that have been patiently waiting for one. I personally know how exhilarating it is to finally get THE statue you've been waiting an eternity for. When that moment finally happens, I feel congratulations are in order.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2024, 01:19 PM   #29
BurningRage
Inhumans

Please no head seam.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2024, 01:22 PM   #30
Onewiththeforce
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
The point is more "congrats that x company is making something you've been wanting"...you know, because we're fans of statues, and this is a statue forum
So I just wanna be clear and not get dinged or booted/black balled or anything.....

So moving forward, we should not congratulate people when they have ordered a new several hundred dollar statue to add to their collection or congratulate them when the excitement of a new piece hits their display shelves.?

Not trying to rock the boat but do want to get an understanding that if I congratulate someone moving forward that I should expect some devil horns, etc. is that correct?
Onewiththeforce is offline   Reply With Quote