Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > First4Figures / Gaming Heads

Old 12-29-2013, 06:49 AM   #41
Xaerius
The Herculoids

I only found out about this statue a few hours ago. Although I have the Collector's Edition of the latest game, I haven't had a chance to play it even though it has been out for almost a year.

Personally, I really love the look that they gave Lara in the new game's artwork so I have to admit that I absolutely love this new statue from Gaming Heads! I hadn't heard of this company before today but just pre-ordered this piece from them and am really looking forward to it after hearing feedback from those of you who have purchased their statues in the past.

The only thing that concerns me with the prototype pictures is simply that her right leg appears to be very thin, even compared to the her left leg. I'll include a picture that I think shows that.

With that being said, I think they did a great job on this one and although she doesn't look exactly as I envisioned her based upon the box artwork, I think she is still great looking. REALLY LOVE IT so I'm a new fan of Gaming Heads. It will be interesting to see what future releases they have planned.

Xaerius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 07:08 AM   #42
CommanderZx2
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaerius View Post
I hadn't heard of this company before today but just pre-ordered this piece from them and am really looking forward to it after hearing feedback from those of you who have purchased their statues in the past.
Their first statue the Team Fortress 2 Heavy had some quality control issues, however I haven't heard of any issues with their subsequent statues.

I have the Red & Blue Heavy, the Left 4 Dead Tank and the Half-Life 2 Head Crab zombie statue from them.

I could post some pictures if you wish, but I'm not quite sure where. There doesn't appear to be a stickied thread for anyone to post pictures of statues that fall under the general statues category.
CommanderZx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 07:42 AM   #43
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderZx2 View Post
Their first statue the Team Fortress 2 Heavy had some quality control issues, however I haven't heard of any issues with their subsequent statues.

I have the Red & Blue Heavy, the Left 4 Dead Tank and the Half-Life 2 Head Crab zombie statue from them.

I could post some pictures if you wish, but I'm not quite sure where. There doesn't appear to be a stickied thread for anyone to post pictures of statues that fall under the general statues category.
Yo can post your pictures here for reference or you can create a thread specifically for the company and the statues. This section is the place to do it.
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 01:28 PM   #44
built2shred
Phoenix

I think this statue is well done, but I really don't want to showcase a beat up Laura Croft statue...

It's defiantly different though so props for that..
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 12:46 AM   #45
immortalblade
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Statue looks good. I haven't played the relaunched game yet, so I don't know if I'll get the statue. I'm guessing Lara's best "asset" is not quite poppin because this is the young Lara before she made money from treasuring and getting her "enhancements"?
immortalblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 10:30 AM   #46
Snadinator
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by immortalblade View Post
Statue looks good. I haven't played the relaunched game yet, so I don't know if I'll get the statue. I'm guessing Lara's best "asset" is not quite poppin because this is the young Lara before she made money from treasuring and getting her "enhancements"?
No it is because the new Tomb Raider stands up on its own merits without having to turn Lara into a sex object.
Snadinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 11:25 AM   #47
adee
Green Arrow

Mission accomplished. She's not very sexy.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 12:47 PM   #48
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
Mission accomplished. She's not very sexy.
I disagree. Being "sexy", especially for a woman, has tradionally been based on her physical attributes. In the modern age, a woman's sexiness is derived from a much more diverse set of roots. In this case the characters sexiness comes from her tough survival instinct, her ability to grow, her intelligence and leadership.....her strength of character.

I love this piece and everything it, and the game stands for. This whole setting, and others like it, are teaching girls that they don't have to be victims, that they don't have to rely on their physical beauty at the expense of every other quality they have. It teaches them that this is their world as much as it is a mans world, and they can have a significant role to play in it.

I've ordered this statue and I'm proud to display it, blood stains, bruises and all. This is the woman of the now, and she' sexier than ever.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 02:54 PM   #49
CommanderZx2
Hellboy

Love the character and the game, but not really a fan of the pose they've gone with for this statue.

Personally I would have preferred the following instead:
CommanderZx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 04:19 PM   #50
GUILTY GEAR
I used up all my sick days, so I'm calling in dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
She covering the best part.
GUILTY GEAR is offline   Reply With Quote