Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > First4Figures / Gaming Heads

Old 09-24-2021, 10:41 AM   #41
vinnnie
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
What systems did this series come out on?

I want to say 1st one was PS3/360, 2nd was Wii U, and 3rd is Switch. So, they've all been roughly on similar level of hardware. I agree it would be amazing to see a collection (I know likely won't happen) on higher end to get most performance.
First Bayo came out on PS3 (bit buggy) and Xbox360.

Second game was on WiiU (as only Nintendo was interested in a supporting a second Bayo game), with additionally the first one at the same time as the second game (a port, to give WiiU gamers the chance to play the first game on the Nintendo platform).

The second game was ported to the Switch along with the first game.

The first game was ported to the PS4 and Xbox One for the (10th) anniversary (bundled with Vanquish).

Third game will be on the Switch, which basically means it's the first Bayo game on the Switch not being a port.
vinnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 02:08 PM   #42
Augen
Metal Men

Thanks! I wasn't aware of the ports. I only played the first one, because I never owned a Wii U. I do have a Siwtch so maybe check out 2 & 3.
Augen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 05:16 PM   #43
vinnnie
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
Thanks! I wasn't aware of the ports. I only played the first one, because I never owned a Wii U. I do have a Siwtch so maybe check out 2 & 3.
I never owned a WiiU myself and no Switch so I never played Bayo2 until last month; both my sons have a Switch so I bought Bayo2 and borrowed a switch from them. Loved the 2nd game too but the Bayo1 style still rules. Love Bayonetta enough to acquire some crap from it

vinnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 07:31 PM   #44
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

oh wow those are sick, I only have the phat company Bayonetta but that one next to the battery is sick
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 07:13 AM   #45
Xenoex
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Agreed, the battery Bayonetta looks awesome! Which company made that one? Looks like a resin statue.
Xenoex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 09:22 PM   #46
sabin23
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnnie View Post
First Bayo came out on PS3 (bit buggy) and Xbox360.

Second game was on WiiU (as only Nintendo was interested in a supporting a second Bayo game), with additionally the first one at the same time as the second game (a port, to give WiiU gamers the chance to play the first game on the Nintendo platform).

The second game was ported to the Switch along with the first game.

The first game was ported to the PS4 and Xbox One for the (10th) anniversary (bundled with Vanquish).

Third game will be on the Switch, which basically means it's the first Bayo game on the Switch not being a port.
I believe the first Bayonetta was also ported to PC/Steam.

Yeah, the PS3 version was supposedly buggy so I played it on XB360 back in the day, even though that's not my ideal controller to use.

I've purchased the ports on PS4 and Switch - the latter had a steelbook version from Japan (it was the only way to get a copy of both games on 2 physical carts - i believe the US version had 1 game digital and the other physical).
sabin23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 09:29 PM   #47
sabin23
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnnie View Post
I never owned a WiiU myself and no Switch so I never played Bayo2 until last month; both my sons have a Switch so I bought Bayo2 and borrowed a switch from them. Loved the 2nd game too but the Bayo1 style still rules. Love Bayonetta enough to acquire some crap from it

I do not recall if I asked this before - where did you acquire that Cereza (in the middle)? - Never mind - you mentioned to me back in 2017 this was a custom one of a kind but the thread that you linked does not seem to exist to anymore.

That would be cool to add to my collection but I do not recall seeing that solicited for sale before.

I also got that tall statue of Bayonetta in the back but mine was a recast (the originals were long sold out) - I assume yours is one of the originals?
Old 09-25-2021, 09:31 PM   #48
zzz
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabin23 View Post

Yeah, the PS3 version was supposedly buggy so I played it on XB360 back in the day, even though that's not my ideal controller to use.

I've purchased the ports on PS4 and Switch - the latter had a steelbook version from Japan (it was the only way to get a copy of both games on 2 physical carts - i believe the US version had 1 game digital and the other physical).
For the physical version of the 1st game on the Switch, yes that was the only way to get it to my knowledge (Non-Stop Climax Edition). But even that special edition sold out quite quickly in Japan. I was checking it's aftermarket price recently and it's close to triple the retail price. Were you able to get one?
zzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 09:45 PM   #49
ivory7777
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabin23 View Post

i played the ps3 version multiple times, never had any issues or bugs.
ivory7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 09:46 PM   #50
sabin23
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzz View Post
For the physical version of the 1st game on the Switch, yes that was the only way to get it to my knowledge (Non-Stop Climax Edition). But even that special edition sold out quite quickly in Japan. I was checking it's aftermarket price recently and it's close to triple the retail price. Were you able to get one?
I just searched my old emails and saw that I purchased the Climax edition for $174 from an eBay seller in Japan.

Don't recall the original MSRP but I assume I paid at least double. From what I recall, another import seller was more affordable but I missed the initial preorder window so I had to resort to eBay.

Looking forward to the F4F statues, mainly of Bayonetta from the 1st and 3rd games (not so much a fan of the pixie cut from part 2). Maybe a Cereza/Bayonetta combo statue too.