Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 03-20-2010, 11:33 PM   #11
Mr. Kennedy
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickwm68 View Post
True but I'd be afraid they'd spam the crap out the site with every single sale and special they have going on. Midtown for example has sales going on all the time for just about everything.

I'm wondering if it would be better to just have us members post our finds in one spot.
that would be cool too.

well as far as Midtown goes, i read at the other forum that the owner said he will never pay to advertise his sales
Mr. Kennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 11:36 PM   #12
patrickwm68
The Flash

I think it's a good idea that a store pay to advertise their sales here but I think some restrictions should be in place on how they do it. Nothing more annoying then to have someone post a non related link directing everyone somewhere else in the middle of a conversation.
patrickwm68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 11:39 PM   #13
patrickwm68
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Kennedy View Post
that would be cool too.

well as far as Midtown goes, i read at the other forum that the owner said he will never pay to advertise his sales
I read that too and it would suck if people missed out on those 50% off statue sales of theirs because of it.
Old 03-20-2010, 11:39 PM   #14
Mr. Kennedy

Quote:
I think it's a good idea that a store pay to advertise their sales here but I think some restrictions should be in place on how they do it. Nothing more annoying then to have someone post a non related link directing everyone somewhere else in the middle of a conversation.
Old 03-20-2010, 11:40 PM   #15
Mr. Kennedy

Quote:
I read that too and it would suck if people missed out on those 50% off statue sales of theirs because of it.
exactly but then it would be their lost, i feel in order to make money u have to spend money too
Old 03-20-2010, 11:46 PM   #16
patrickwm68
The Flash

I also agree that the store should be limited to one section to post their sale. I for one don't want to go on "New Posts" and see the same sale posted 100 times, LOL.
Old 03-20-2010, 11:49 PM   #17
Mr. Kennedy

Quote:
I also agree that the store should be limited to one section to post their sale. I for one don't want to go on "New Posts" and see the same sale posted 100 times, LOL.
i think if it is maintain and set up well it is a win win for everyone. SF gets paid to help run the site, dealers make alot of money and collectors can score great deals
Old 03-21-2010, 12:03 AM   #18
Wrothy

My suggestion? Have a separate section under "Adamantium Members" (since that's where the B/S/T and eBay Marketplace sections are). Limit stores (who must have Adamantium Membership) to posting one thread in this section per week (limit of one thread per actual sale, to stop multiple threads for the same sale), and delete previous threads a specified period of time after the sale has ended (say 1-2 months). That should prevent the section from getting too unwieldy.

JMHO. YMMV.
Wrothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 07:47 AM   #19
rychehitman
Galactus

Personally, I see there being a difference between a store coming on here and advertising their store compared to a forum member posting information about a sale they came across, or happened upon.

If I get a newsletter from Tales of Wonder telling me that Bowen product is 50% off...if I spread the word, I am informing the SF community.

If TOW starts a thread, they are advertising to the SF community, and there should be some kind of compensation paid to SF for the right to do so. Realistically, I just don’t see any stores paying for something that they spread through their own newsletters and websites, not to mention word of mouth.

While this could get troublesome if left unchecked...I see it being no different than Dr. Teng keeping us up to date on web deals he finds.

Is there really a problem with the way it's been going now? If someone finds a good deal...simply start a thread about it. These deals are for limited times, so the threads would eventually die out, plus we can continue discussing shipping and quality details to give each other feedback on the speediness or service experienced.

If it must be regulated, how about someone has to have 100 posts before starting such a thread? Can that be easily monitored?
rychehitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 07:59 AM   #20
Dan_Lebou
Statue Forum MacDaddy

I don't see a problem with genuine forum members posting about deals that they find but unless the stores in question are going to pay for the privilege I don't see why they should be allowed to post.

Like other people have expressed a concern about, if they were left unchecked this place would become spam central for everything that they wanted to get rid of including non-statue related items.
Dan_Lebou is offline   Reply With Quote