Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > First4Figures / Gaming Heads

Old 01-09-2020, 12:18 PM   #241
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Looks like the US is going to be dealing with the split shipping as well. I just got the second box with the base but no statue. Have no master tracking number for box number 1. Fun, fun... I'll have pictures up when it eventually arrives.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 05:41 PM   #242
md99
Fantastic Four

S**T! Mine is in DHL's sorting center, an hours drive from me since 6pm this evening and is closed until Monday.

Mad, mad, MAD!!!
md99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 06:45 PM   #243
dao2
Cyclops

Oof... That sucks. Getting it over the weekend would be the best time...
dao2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 03:22 AM   #244
eternalblue02

Just a heads up to my fellow US collectors waiting on their Bowser EX. There is a good chance you’re going to receive 1 out of 2 boxes during the first delivery. I got a notification with only 1 tracking number and received only the base/tongue box last week. I contacted F4F and was told shipment may be split to save on shipping with no other info for me. I have no idea how they’re going to know what ES number box I have to match the ES numbers in the end. The reason I say this as of now a week later I finally received another invoice and tracking numbers I figure for the late 1st box. So don’t get scared if both boxes don’t come together.

That said I think they made a boo boo sent me my actual piece and lost the first box or sent me someone’s second box because after some choice words this new invoice has two tracking numbers that don’t match last weeks box. So I may get 2 bases, tongues and flames. Keep an eye on your orders folks.
Old 01-15-2020, 03:52 PM   #245
md99
Fantastic Four

Finally got mine. He's stunning, a real eye-catcher. You can't but be drawn to him when you enter your room, regardless of the other pieces you may have. He also deserves a wide open space to himself, the work on his shell shouldn't be backed into a corner spot or against a wall. He was expensive but worth it.

Incidentally, here is the packaging, rather hefty!

md99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 05:27 PM   #246
eternalblue02

Congrats. At least both your boxes came at the same time.
Old 01-16-2020, 10:44 AM   #247
Drakul
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Looks boss!! (see what I did there? )
I didn't get him because I'm trying to keep 1 piece per franchise and I still haven't found my mario.
Drakul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 02:19 PM   #248
eternalblue02

Finally got my second box today after 2 weeks and confusion over at F4F customer support. Thankfully they only sent 1 base and 1 statue. I really hope they straighten out this multi-box shipping for future orders. Meta Ridley is going to be a "you know what" show if they don't. Not knowing where half your statue is with no tracking is a bit silly.

He's big, he's heavy, very easy to assemble. They shipped the Bowser part as one solid piece and the base, tongue and EX in another box. Lightup is nice with a solid flame, flicker and off feature. I have the small hole in the lower side of my flame for ventilation like others have mentioned. I have a small foam pad under the flame so it doesn't scratch anything. Surprisingly my flame sits perfectly and doesn't touch his teeth or lower jaw. He includes a micro USB cord like Solid Snake and I hope they do that for all future statues.

Unfortunately mine came with a minor issue. There is some grey paint missing from one of his left bracers. I can easily touch it up so it's not a big deal. Very impressive statue, everyone's comments who have him are spot on. He has a much larger footprint then other F4F's so keep that in mind.

Old 01-26-2020, 04:09 PM   #249
Mutant-Man
Frackin!

Just set mine up. The flames doesn't set properly, and so the only way to get it to light up is to wiggle it and hold it in place. I was extremely careful with it, but the very light rubbing that occurred as I was trying to set it up already took some of the paint off of his lower lip. Can't see it if the flame is there, but without the flame there's a little skin-colored spot in the middle of his lip. It's crazy.
Mutant-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 08:32 PM   #250
dao2
Cyclops

When setting bits of this up I would recommend putting some of the wax paper in between the pieces and removing it once inserted tbh. Both the flame and the legs seem to have a tendency to rub.
dao2 is online now   Reply With Quote