Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 01-10-2020, 09:43 AM   #691
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronos1919 View Post
I understand what they were going for, for me it just doesn't work. My wife knows a lot about Spider-Man as well. What she doesn't know much about is Doctor Octopus. She's only seen him represented in Spider-Man 2 (which she wasn't a fan of) and the PS4 game. I understand her confusion at a brief glance, as someone who doesn't read comics.

I'm happy you're excited for it. I believe you misused "understand" though. Dislike ≠ misunderstanding.
If you’re not into it why bother posting ? Just curious . The banner is removable anyways so your dislike with that part is negligible . I’m buying this for the hulk.

Marvel Comics sure knew what they were going for . Incredible Hulk 1 it’s a classic cover and one of the most desirable SA comics out there . That’s what XM was good for ! ✌️
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 11:04 AM   #692
Colossal
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
If you’re not into it why bother posting ? Just curious . The banner is removable anyways so your dislike with that part is negligible . I’m buying this for the hulk.

Marvel Comics sure knew what they were going for . Incredible Hulk 1 it’s a classic cover and one of the most desirable SA comics out there . That’s what XM was good for ! ✌️
While I think 100% the Hulk could have just been a standalone piece and warranted just as much excitement because it really does look like an incredible Hulk (pun intended!) all round from art style to anatomy, sculpt and hopefully paint.

BUT, adding Banner really sets this up for fantastic display options. The hulk has evolved and devolved throughout his history, so I hope to have the space to be able to display Banner in between the Transformation Hulk and either the OG green hulk or even the newer Gladiator hulk to show that battle within Banner which is perfectly captured in his sculpt and eyes - really can't wait for this and just wish they were giving us an update by now, it seems like forever since we've had news and worries me that we won't be seeing this piece for a long time yet :-(
Colossal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 11:50 AM   #693
chronos1919
Nightwing

Quote:
Generally forums are a venue for open expression of opinion. You never comment on anything you don’t like?

I like the overall idea they’re going for, to me I just wouldn’t want to display them together. Not trying to detract from those that do like it. Everyone can calm down.
chronos1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 11:53 AM   #694
chronos1919
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebulhym View Post
So...labcoat on a guy = dr Octopus?

I don't know but personally I would think 8 feet metallic killing tentacles first?

But maybe it's just me....
Unless you’re a 29 year old woman with no knowledge of comic books I doubt you’d arrive at the same conclusion.

She just name dropped the first comic book/movie doctor that popped into her head, I imagine. At least she named a Marvel character. To be fair, the last time she saw Octavius was in the PS4 game, pre-tentacles. So, yeah, guy in lab coat.
Old 01-10-2020, 12:06 PM   #695
Nebulhym
The X-Men

Quote:
Unless you’re a 29 year old woman with no knowledge of comic books I doubt you’d arrive at the same conclusion.

She just name dropped the first comic book/movie doctor that popped into her head, I imagine. At least she named a Marvel character. To be fair, the last time she saw Octavius was in the PS4 game, pre-tentacles. So, yeah, guy in lab coat.

Oh ok, I see!
Nebulhym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 02:37 PM   #696
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Generally forums are a venue for open expression of opinion. You never comment on anything you don’t like?

I like the overall idea they’re going for, to me I just wouldn’t want to display them together. Not trying to detract from those that do like it. Everyone can calm down.
I’m not pissed lol. All opinions are welcome . I think for the price you get a couple good options with two 1/4 pieces in there . Most of what’s coming out is priced close but less pizzazz.
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 03:38 PM   #697
chronos1919
Nightwing

Quote:
I’m not pissed lol. All opinions are welcome . I think for the price you get a couple good options with two 1/4 pieces in there . Most of what’s coming out is priced close but less pizzazz.
Fair enough. Hard to gauge through text. I would display them separately. Probably the only chance anyone will have for a 1/4 licensed Bruce Banner.
Old 01-10-2020, 05:06 PM   #698
Puni
Birdman

i have to be honest: i really liked the hulk by himself, but poor banner sold me this statue!

He looks incredible and i just love the beginning of this changing (little green here and there) and his full grown second ego in the background.
Puni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 09:41 AM   #699
CWalker
The Avengers

Quote:
I would display them separately. Probably the only chance anyone will have for a 1/4 licensed Bruce Banner.

I'm undecided if I want Banner blocking 25% of the Hulk. May put him to the side, or not display at all if I have other Avengers around him.

But I like that you have options.
CWalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 10:11 AM   #700
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Banner makes the statue for me.
Mepaphoros is offline   Reply With Quote