Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 05-27-2022, 03:48 PM   #61
VickPS
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorondor_33 View Post
I'm not really feeling this one. The stand-alone Dilo is kind of cool though.
I like it alot, and it's an imo great addition to their line, but can't get over that stupid base! I'm probably going to contact Iron Studios and ask them to please make it separate, because as is would look completely off next to their other pieces.

And it's just 10 times worse from a design perspective.. i mean i don't get it.
VickPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 05:08 PM   #62
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

It looks like the recent batch all have the same sort of base design.
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 06:08 PM   #63
Jon_Boston_83
Birdman

The details are great - the East Dock sign, the Barbasol can, the spit on the jacket, we even have the staff badge and his glasses!
Jon_Boston_83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 06:11 PM   #64
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

This scene brings a smile to my face
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 09:02 PM   #65
BigMo
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

More pics are up and it does look pretty cool, I'm sure this will be added to my collection.
BigMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 11:03 PM   #66
MikemBHD
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Need to get them to change the dilo on the nedry one , its too big and it's a rehash of the first dilo just posed the body a little and legs seem small for it

Also the dominion is the wrong color and neck is too long

That being said I did order them but I think those things need to be changed
MikemBHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2022, 12:59 AM   #67
VickPS
Blue Falcon

Legit won't pre-order until they confirm that awful base is separate/optional or subject to redesign.

At least people agree on this issue in comments under the video reveal, so there's a bit of hope.
Old 05-28-2022, 04:21 AM   #68
VickPS
Blue Falcon

Sent them a mail, for what it's worth.

Man i'm so pissed.. lol
I know it's a relatively minor thing but come the ---- on, it's their last piece of a huge and super extensive line, was it really damn necessary to completely ---- consistency?
Even their TLW Raptor and Blue announced not even a month ago have the proper bases.. i just don't get it!

Could have been a masterpiece among the other pieces:

And even better with a bronze logo.

But at the very least let us separate the actual piece from those ugly, gray squares:

Still not ideal at all with the absent logo, but more consistent than what they announced nonetheless.
Old 05-28-2022, 11:12 AM   #69
Jon_Boston_83
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikemBHD View Post
Need to get them to change the dilo on the nedry one , its too big and it's a rehash of the first dilo just posed the body a little and legs seem small for it.
Why is that a problem? You can buy the two raptors separately from the kitchen diorama, the attacking raptor separate from the last scene diorama, the Rex, Grant and Malcolm separate from the Rex attack diorama, etc etc. And I do think it's different enough anyway.

The Dilo does look a bit large but that's actually book accurate. I agree the base took me by surprise but it's not going to stop me ordering. The only things that I could mention personally is that Nedry looks a bit cartoony, and I'm not sure how realistic the flowing muddy water looks.

Also, VickPS... you say it's the last piece of the line... I assume you mean JP as the hosts were talking about which dinosaurs they haven't done yet...but how do you know there won't be any more JP statues? I remember someone saying the two raptors together would be the last, but here we are with another one. I would love a diorama of Grant and the kids running from a few Gallimimus, or the hatchery scene with the baby raptor and Wu.
Jon_Boston_83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2022, 12:39 PM   #70
VickPS
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_Boston_83 View Post
I agree the base took me by surprise but it's not going to stop me ordering. The only things that I could mention personally is that Nedry looks a bit cartoony, and I'm not sure how realistic the flowing muddy water looks.
I'm okay with everything honestly, Nedry, water, the whole concept.. except for that stupid pedestal base.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_Boston_83 View Post
Also, VickPS... you say it's the last piece of the line... I assume you mean JP as the hosts were talking about which dinosaurs they haven't done yet...but how do you know there won't be any more JP statues? I remember someone saying the two raptors together would be the last, but here we are with another one. I would love a diorama of Grant and the kids running from a few Gallimimus, or the hatchery scene with the baby raptor and Wu.
Yeah well, maybe not the very last. Was going by what the guy said in the video, that we now have the entire movie in statue form, scene by scene. But he then says "Soon we'll have every scene from the movie".. so he could mean as soon as this piece releases, or something else coming soon.