Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Home Grown > Painter's Pit Stop

Old 09-17-2011, 11:20 AM   #31
Jesse321
Galactus

It's still not completely up, but the backbone of the site is up now, and all the current colors are listed ... there are more colors that we're developing which will be added as we go along, as well as color sets.

http://garagekits.us/colors/

I still have to build in the payment gateways and add the shopping cart, as well as the pictures of each product, but it should all be finished by the end of the month.

Keith (KDawg) has been helping me build the site from scratch and I will NEVER be able to thank him enough, because this wouldn't have been possible if it wasn't for him.

Let me know what you guys think.

I'm also going to be adding a gallery with all the models (both pro and amateur) that are painted using the paints.
Jesse321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 12:49 AM   #32
duke fleed
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Awesome idea Jesse all is good my shopping card is ready
duke fleed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 12:44 AM   #33
skorpsta
Ghost

site is looking great jesse
skorpsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 02:42 AM   #34
warhead
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Jesse, I like the idea of the surface prep flesh color, would save me time and paint from basecoating my flesh color after the primer, can't wait.
warhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 09:36 AM   #35
Jesse321
Galactus

I honestly don't know why the hell no one has thought of it before, it was THE FIRST thing that I thought about, because I use flesh colors all the time.

I mean mind you, it's only going to be a base flesh color, but at least you won't have to paint over gray or white, and you'll be able to get the right hues and shades with minimal fuss and paint waste.
Old 09-22-2011, 09:59 AM   #36
JetFire76
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Hey Jesse,

I remember reading a post of yours in a thread about how these paints would be ready for a show in Jersey.... either at Jerseyfest or New Jersey Comic Con? Or did I just imagine it....?
JetFire76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 10:32 AM   #37
Jesse321
Galactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetFire76 View Post
Hey Jesse,

I remember reading a post of yours in a thread about how these paints would be ready for a show in Jersey.... either at Jerseyfest or New Jersey Comic Con? Or did I just imagine it....?
No, the SAMPLES of the new formulation would be ready by Jerseyfest, which they were, and they got fantastic reviews by everyone that tried them. Steve Riojas will be doing a review for the next AFM about them. But the paints themselves weren't originally supposed to be ready before Wonderfest 2012.

BUT, because of the crazy amount of response that I've been getting, I bumped up the original ready date to December 2011. But as fast as we're working, the paints will be ready probably by the end of the month. Which looks to be a good thing, because people are running out pretty quickly, and they can't seem to get their stock replenished.

So basically these paints have gone from, idea (in the beginning of August), to reformulation, to testing, to finalizing in the span of 2 months ... which by any standard is record time.
Old 09-22-2011, 10:37 AM   #38
warhead
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse321 View Post
I honestly don't know why the hell no one has thought of it before, it was THE FIRST thing that I thought about, because I use flesh colors all the time.

I mean mind you, it's only going to be a base flesh color, but at least you won't have to paint over gray or white, and you'll be able to get the right hues and shades with minimal fuss and paint waste.
It should definately help anyone to nail what finished fleshtones they want, freakin brilliant.
warhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 10:43 AM   #39
JetFire76
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

That is too awesome Jesse!! Newbie to airbrushing... but will definitely pick these up!

Thanks Jesse!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse321 View Post
No, the SAMPLES of the new formulation would be ready by Jerseyfest, which they were, and they got fantastic reviews by everyone that tried them. Steve Riojas will be doing a review for the next AFM about them. But the paints themselves weren't originally supposed to be ready before Wonderfest 2012.

BUT, because of the crazy amount of response that I've been getting, I bumped up the original ready date to December 2011. But as fast as we're working, the paints will be ready probably by the end of the month. Which looks to be a good thing, because people are running out pretty quickly, and they can't seem to get their stock replenished.

So basically these paints have gone from, idea (in the beginning of August), to reformulation, to testing, to finalizing in the span of 2 months ... which by any standard is record time.
JetFire76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 11:18 AM   #40
Jesse321
Galactus

As a newbie, you'll probably appreciate the paint sets we'll be making. They'll have everything you need to build certain types of models.

There'll be a special "Uncle Saulie's Flesh Set" which will have all the flesh colors that Saul (Alvarez) uses for his flesh tones.

There'll also be a primary/secondary color set, Enhancer Sets, Iridescent Set, Metallic/Pearl Set, a Blood & Gore Set ... and much more.

I'm in the process of developing a gallery on the website for people to upload and feature stuff that they've painted with the paints ... and not just the pros, but all us amateurs too. I've even started publishing how to articles at www.garagekits.us which are featured and accessible to everyone on the front page.

And we have lots more cool stuff planned, that we haven't even talked about yet.

I'll be sponsoring an award at the next Wonderfest for the best Kit Bash, and the prize will be a complete set of ALL the paints, as well as a color class/seminar on custom paint mixing. And on top of all of that, Tommy (Pun13) and Saul (Saul62) will be showing how to use the new sealers and primers at our table at Wonderfest every couple of hours, and be there to help us answer questions etc.

So there's A LOT to look forward to.