Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 02-19-2015, 08:34 PM   #21
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
I wonder if Prometheus 2 is off the cards now?
With the ending of Prometheus they have to continue it. Honestly they were foolish enough to want to create a franchise with it. Now it needs to be connected to Alien. And not just with some Alien hybrid on another planet. All they had to do was show how that crashed ship got to LV-426. They couldn't do that in one movie...

I thought District 9 was over hyped. I haven't fully seen Elysium yet. Only a few minutes. It seems to be in the same sort of ruined style as District 9 except for the place where wealthy people live.

Going by the teased artwork they will try to go back to what happens after Aliens yet again. This will be the third time after Alien 3 and the recent videogame which was sold as part of the "official" story. I doubt the third time will the be charm. There isn't any movie sequel made years after the original that I can think of that does justice to those now classic movies. Old Ripley still fighting Aliens...People really want to see that?
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 11:41 PM   #22
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

I really don't want to see hybrids, or re-interpretations of the creature design . . . we've seen it all before and ultimately, I was always felt a bit disappointed.

The two most successful movies were the original 'horror' of Alien and the balls to the wall 'action' of Aliens.

Being that we know so much about the creature already, it's harder to create the same atmosphere as the first.

So let's have an epic, all out 'Let's Rock' style war movie
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 01:28 AM   #23
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

^ couldn't agree more.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 08:51 PM   #24
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
I'm cautiously optimistic. Loved D9 but thought Elysium was rather generic and poor.
Same here. The success of Chappie will determine if Fox has made a good decision. While I'm looking forward to seeing Chappie, I am fatigued with the similar themes it seems to share with District 9 and Elysium.

I have no interest in Weaver return. I think they should close that chapter in the Aliens saga and just move on. I just kill off Sigourney's character (Ripley 2.0) so that she won't come back in a future movie.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 02:46 AM   #25
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

So there's talk that Neill Blomkamp's 'Alien' may misregard the last two sequels. While I don't for care the last two sequels, he should make a comtinuing story or just reboot the whole damn thing. Why?

We all need the remeber the complete mediocre diasaster that was Superman Returns. Another example of a talented fanboy director, Bryan Sjnger, who's so in love with the first two movies of a franchise, he makes a sequel to the the first two ignoring the rest (and even worse as Superman Returns was a sequel to the Richard Donner cut of Superman 2 and not the theatrical version) that nobody wanted. A sequel much, much too late for anyone to care.

Blomkamp is heading in the same driection if wants recapture the nostaliga of his youth, by bring back an aged Ripley when the franchise deserves a clean slate. 2 bad sequels. 2 lousy AvP movies. And one mess of a Prometheus.

If the stories are true that Blomkamp wants a direct sequel to Alien and Aliens, I don't see this turning out well.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 01:10 PM   #26
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Personally I have zero problems and actually like the idea of this being a direct sequel to Aliens, as this is now rumored to be. Weaver and Biehn could reprise their roles as Ripley and Hicks and their age could be explained as them being in cryo sleep for an extended period of time. You also wouldn't need to ignore Alien3 or Resurrection either. Simply acknowledge them in this new film via a comment from Ripley that she remembers having nightmares they all died and that she was eventually resurrected.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 03:06 PM   #27
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Personally I have zero problems and actually like the idea of this being a direct sequel to Aliens, as this is now rumored to be. Weaver and Biehn could reprise their roles as Ripley and Hicks and their age could be explained as them being in cryo sleep for an extended period of time. You also wouldn't need to ignore Alien3 or Resurrection either. Simply acknowledge them in this new film via a comment from Ripley that she remembers having nightmares they all died and that she was eventually resurrected.
I like where you are going with that line of thinking, Hellboy. Personally, I don't consider 3 and Resurrection part of official canon so if they are referenced in a one liner to explain them away that's fine by me. I would be onboard with a direct sequel after the events of Aliens and would have no problem with Weaver and Beihn's involvement.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 02:51 AM   #28
Spideristic
The Thunderbolts

Neill Blomkamp Says His Alien Sequel Won't Undo Alien 3
Spideristic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 04:19 AM   #29
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

I quite like Alien 3 so glad to read this.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 08:56 AM   #30
law1349
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Neill Blomkamp is gold in my eyes. I've enjoyed all of his movies so far. I'm not a big fan of "flashy" sci-fi. His films are gritty and real. I'd still personally rather see Prometheus 2 first. I'm one of the few who actually liked the movie. Alien 3 is not a bad film either, just not on par with the first two.
law1349 is offline   Reply With Quote