Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 03-25-2006, 12:59 AM   #1
Jesse321
Galactus

Babylon 5 - Legend of the Rangers

I didn't even know it existed, but I got this movie as a present for my birthday from a freind that knows I'm a total Babylon 5 fanatic.

GREAT FLICK ... fits into the B5 universe really nicely ... I hope that J. Michael will do more B5 projects in the future, there is still SO MUCH untapped potencial in this series.
Jesse321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 01:44 AM   #2
Sunjata
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Location: NYC-"If you tell people the truth, make them laugh or they'll kill you."-George Bernard Shaw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse321
I didn't even know it existed, but I got this movie as a present for my birthday from a freind that knows I'm a total Babylon 5 fanatic.

GREAT FLICK ... fits into the B% universe really nicely ... I hope that J. Michael will do more B5 projects in the future, there is still SO MUCH untapped potencial in this series.
Yes, it is good. I saw it when it originally aired on the Sci-Fi Channel. It was suppose to be a pilot for a new spin off series but the series never happened. Since this last effort didn’t fly there probably is little chance we will be seeing any more B5 television projects in the near future.
Sunjata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 01:57 AM   #3
risingstar
Jedi Order

I was totally disappointed when Crusade went off the air. I know JMS had good reason but it's still a shame.
risingstar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 02:17 AM   #4
Jesse321
Galactus

I'd heard that JM was pitching a concept for a new Star Trek series to Paramount last year.
Jesse321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 08:57 AM   #5
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse321
I'd heard that JM was pitching a concept for a new Star Trek series to Paramount last year.

Wow.... That's almost like Stan Lee pitching a concept for a new Green Lantern with DC... LOL... Never say never, I suppose.

Hmmm... There's still so much JMS could do with B5. I'm wondering if the Star Trek universe has more than already run its course. Star Trek always struck me as the "afternoon special" or "sesame street" version of a scifi TV show. It didn't take risks or chances all that often and tended to come off way too moralistic. Everything on the set always look so clean and pristine. And, everyone tended to behave so politely.

In its first two years, the new Battlestar Galactica already went to places that a combined 28 years of Star Trek shows (OS-3, NG-7, DS9-7, V-7, E-4) never dared go.

JMO
risingstar is online now   Reply With Quote