Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 12-23-2020, 09:32 AM   #221
Cmac
Mephisto

That cape looks off. I know they aren't going to get a cape with electrostatic flocking like the original, but it should've had some sort of texture to it.
Cmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 02:50 PM   #222
Darkest Knight
Blue Falcon

Sadly the cowl portrait looks quite a bit off in both the face and the shape of the cowl. The unmasked portrait looks pretty good, possibly better than Prime 1's. But I think Prime 1 wins overall with a more accurate cowl portrait, which most people will probably display this character with most of the time, and switch out options. The cape material also appears to be more accurate on Prime 1's.
Darkest Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 03:55 PM   #223
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkest Knight View Post
Sadly the cowl portrait looks quite a bit off in both the face and the shape of the cowl. The unmasked portrait looks pretty good, possibly better than Prime 1's. But I think Prime 1 wins overall with a more accurate cowl portrait, which most people will probably display this character with most of the time, and switch out options. The cape material also appears to be more accurate on Prime 1's.
I think QS wins by quite a margin, at least where the unmasked headsculpt is concerned. As to the rest, it would seem Prime 1 did a better job, but I’m terrible at seeing the inaccuracies that some notice in a glance.

Luckily I’ll be displaying the unmasked headsculpt most of the time as that’s my standard preference, even though I’m aware that it’s not always scene accurate.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 11:48 PM   #224
cocomonk22
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkest Knight View Post
Could you tell Queen Studios where the issues with the cowl portrait are? I know they respond to feedback in their Facebook group so they might be able to correct it before shipping. I know it looks off but it's difficult for me to describe why.
cocomonk22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 12:13 AM   #225
67L88Stingray
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocomonk22 View Post
Could you tell Queen Studios where the issues with the cowl portrait are? I know they respond to feedback in their Facebook group so they might be able to correct it before shipping. I know it looks off but it's difficult for me to describe why.
According to another member they are already shipping
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 04:09 AM   #226
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmac View Post
That cape looks off. I know they aren't going to get a cape with electrostatic flocking like the original, but it should've had some sort of texture to it.
I have a full size one (or at least a replica from the same material used in the film)

I never did use it for my 1:1 build. I wonder if I could get a smaller version cut from it.
candyrocket786 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 07:47 PM   #227
Xenoburger
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I was hoping this would be a definitive Bale Batman statue. I am disappointed.
Xenoburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2020, 02:05 AM   #228
cocomonk22
Blue Falcon

Video:
https://www.facebook.com/NerdySphere/videos/1046498725874180
cocomonk22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2020, 02:15 PM   #229
Sylafari
Frackin!

I am now disappointed as well since I just got in the QS 1/3 Joker and it looks amazing, this kind of just is a downer as I really wanted to pair them together with that special display base...
Sylafari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2020, 03:44 PM   #230
Cmac
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyrocket786 View Post
I have a full size one (or at least a replica from the same material used in the film)

I never did use it for my 1:1 build. I wonder if I could get a smaller version cut from it.

That's an interesting thought. I used to collect movie props and had a small collection of props from Batman Begins. I collected those for over a decade and the only cape material I ever saw released was sent to Hot Wheels to be added to the base of of their tumbler model.
Cmac is offline   Reply With Quote