Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 01-01-2016, 10:29 AM   #821
rocky123
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky123 View Post
Has anyone ever ordered from djfungshing.com as opposed to his ebay account?
If so do you know how long it takes from the time you place your order until they ship? I am guessing these pieces are not started until you place your order.
Well I finally got the answer to my own question in the form of an awesome statue. I was pretty nervous that I got robbed and my payment was lost somewhere in China forever but I needn't have worried. It took about 4 months exactly and was worth every day I waited and every penny I paid...amazing job

rocky123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 06:49 PM   #822
Sharkey
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Very Nice!! That is one of the ones I have wanted, so cool looking.
Sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 05:54 PM   #823
rocky123
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
Very Nice!! That is one of the ones I have wanted, so cool looking.
It really is a great piece, I can see why it took 4 months. The only thing I would have loved was if the impact points on their hands and elbows also lit up but that would probably have taken some crazy wiring feat which I really don't think would have been possible. That little bit of wishful thinking aside I could not be happier.

***Edit***
I would also have preferred Vegeta in the battle armor that Bulma made for him from around the time of the Cell Sage (no shoulder pads and crap) or the training suit he wears when he becomes Majin Vegeta
Old 01-04-2016, 06:39 PM   #824
MrYac
Hercules

maybe i'm missing something but why does he have a tail?
MrYac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 08:38 PM   #825
rocky123
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
maybe i'm missing something but why does he have a tail?
All Saiyans have tails. That is how they transform into their giant ape forms during a full moon. Their tails have all been removed at certain points in the anime. Goku's was removed when he was a child at the end of Dragon Ball but Vegeta's is not cut off until Dragonball Z. That's why in this statue Vegeta still has a tail but Goku doesn't.

http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Tail
Old 01-04-2016, 09:08 PM   #826
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky123 View Post
All Saiyans have tails. That is how they transform into their giant ape forms during a full moon. Their tails have all been removed at certain points in the anime. Goku's was removed when he was a child at the end of Dragon Ball but Vegeta's is not cut off until Dragonball Z. That's why in this statue Vegeta still has a tail but Goku doesn't.

http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Tail
Pretty sure MrYac is very familiar with Saiyans and why they have tails when they're born. I believe he is referring to the fact that Vegeta is in Super Saiyan form in this statue yet still posses his tail. It is removed well before he ever reaches Super Saiyan status.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 09:37 PM   #827
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
Pretty sure MrYac is very familiar with Saiyans and why they have tails when they're born. I believe he is referring to the fact that Vegeta is in Super Saiyan form in this statue yet still posses his tail. It is removed well before he ever reaches Super Saiyan status.
Same deal with that armor as well. Wrong armor for SSJ Vegeta.

The unlicensed producers do so many non-canon statues in addition to all the canon stuff they absolutely nail accurately, so it's probably just creative license.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 11:27 PM   #828
Sharkey
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post

The unlicensed producers do so many non-canon statues in addition to all the canon stuff they absolutely nail accurately, so it's probably just creative license.
This ^
Sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 12:44 AM   #829
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post

I'm not criticizing the statue, just clarifying what was most likely meant by the question.

That said, I understand the appeal of changing a characters wardrobe to whichever is preferred. You could always just rationalize outfits with sparring matches or something of that nature. However, I personally think including a tail while in SSJ form doesn't make much sense. Can't really create your own background story for the art depicted in the statue when the tail simply didn't exist during SSJ transformations. That's just me though.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 12:01 PM   #830
rocky123
Doh!

Good pick up guys, I hadn't even thought of it from a timeline POV. Just one more reason I would have preferred the Bulma designed armor from the Cell Saga