Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 03-09-2010, 08:33 PM   #221
Ray Villafane
Sculptor
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal View Post
Gah! I wouldve loved to have seen you continue doing DC pieces! Hopefully freelance means you can do both SS & DC simultaneously
Oh I am sure I will continue to do a lot of work with DC.

more pictures at
http://www.myspace.com/villafanestudios
Ray Villafane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 08:34 PM   #222
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal View Post
Gah! I wouldve loved to have seen you continue doing DC pieces! Hopefully freelance means you can do both SS & DC simultaneously
Thats what I'm hoping as well. Ray's work has given me something to be excited about when it comes to DC product. Before him I rarely ever bought anything from DCD. If it were to be one or the other I'd rather see him continue with DC. Marvel gets enough attention as it is.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 09:35 PM   #223
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Villafane View Post
I don't see this piece as too small but then again I don't own any SS dio's. I'd be very curious to see pictures of this piece along side Wolvie vs. Sabretooth or something else. The Croc is pretty big in this but maybe I've just been looking at DC sized stuff for too long,lol.
In 3 weeks I'll be freelance again and have already talked to SS. Hopefully doing some cool stuff for them this year
cannot wait to see you return to Sideshow.I hope they tie you to a chair there and never let you leave their studio! of course they can let your family stay with you and stuff .
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 11:02 PM   #224
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc6731 View Post
as far as comparing them to sideshow dios. it would depend on which dios. the sideshow dioramas is the incredible shrinking line. so if you compare it to wolverine v sabretooth or hulk v siderman they are bigger. but if you compare them too punisher v daredevil or spiral v pyslocke than there either the same size of this one might be bigger
I'm not even sure if, scale-wise, the Spider-Man Vs. Hulk would be "bigger". Definitely, Hulk is massive in that statue, as he should be, but do you think Spider-Man is the same scale as Batman in this piece?

Yeah, the recent Sideshow dios are not that big, but the prices are pretty high. I would probably pick up their Indiana Jones/Mola Ram dio if it were at DCD prices. But, with Sideshow selling it for a whopping $300 and it appears to be in the same scale (if that) as this Batman Vs. Croc piece... I currently have the $300 Snake Eyes dio on order and will have to see if I can justify keeping it... especially when I glance over at this amazing Batman Vs. Killer Croc and remember I paid $162... I'm sure I can forgo the exclusives on some of these Sideshow pieces and get them discounted, but even after discounts, they will be way more expensive than $162.

But, this is what people are talking about when they wish DCD would start doing pieces involving some of their 2nd/3rd tier characters - Sideshow does pieces like that with a way lower ES and charges more. For some odd reason, it seems that the general perception is that DCD is overpriced and Sideshow/Bowen are some kind of great deals. If someone can convince DCD to do a Mister Miracle Vs. Steppenwolf dio, maybe they can do an ES of 500 and charge you $300, too.
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 11:03 PM   #225
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Thats what I'm hoping as well. Ray's work has given me something to be excited about when it comes to DC product. Before him I rarely ever bought anything from DCD. If it were to be one or the other I'd rather see him continue with DC. Marvel gets enough attention as it is.
My dream? They give Ray some Buffy stuff to do. Please.
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 11:20 PM   #226
mikman42
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_legs03 View Post
Another aussie!!

Where are you getting your Bats statue from and how much if you dont mind me asking.
From www.scifigenre.com $250 U.S. shipped to Adelaide.Pre-ordered when the aussie dollar was.92cents.It was even less $210 U.S. but when they recieved the box it was so big i had to throw in the extra postage but it's on its way 6-10 day priority carn't wait.
mikman42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 11:57 PM   #227
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
If this is the same scale as the Wonder Woman v Serpents piece then this is quite small in comparison to the Sideshow Dioramas. Particularly the earlier releases from Martin Canale and Pablo V. I would gladly pay DC $300 for a Sideshow scale Dio but if they were ever to release that scale expect to pay closer to $400. DC = Too Small + Overpriced.
This is way bigger than that WW piece. It is larger than the latest SS dio's.

It looks just slightly smaller than the X-Men Vs. Sentinel. I just posed it with the Wolverine from that and if Wolvie is 1/6th Batman looks like he is 1/7 1/8th at the worst.

Like I said in my previous post Bulls I was pretty surprised as to how big this one is. Definately larger than the other DCD Vs. pieces.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 05:13 AM   #228
Ray Villafane
Sculptor
Sculptor

some pictures.I threw a little rust color and such on the sewer cap.

more pictures at
Old 03-10-2010, 05:14 AM   #229
Ray Villafane
Sculptor
Sculptor

more pictures at
Old 03-10-2010, 05:41 AM   #230
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Its amazing what good photos do. This looks amazing.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote