Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 02-25-2015, 02:21 PM   #31
wolf-brother
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
THIS is the Wolverine I've been waiting my entire collecting life for. I've always been partial to the brown costume, love the earthy tones to it. This will be mine for certain.

Definitely agree some arrows would add a lot to the theme.
We were just discussing this yesterday HB. What a nice coincidence.

I'm with you as I have been waiting for a Brown costume also.

Now all we need from XM is some confirmation as to its approximate release date.
wolf-brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 02:22 PM   #32
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeek View Post
Yep, I feel the same way. I always liked the brown costume more than the yellow one.
Same here ...I've always been more partial to the brown costume. But I have nothing against the yellow one. That's why I have that on PO as well.

I can't wait for this one, tho! I want to see a 3D rendering soon...
AC_808 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 02:27 PM   #33
wanderlai
The Tick

This one, from what I understand, can't be done until SS releases their planned brown Wolverine.
wanderlai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 02:42 PM   #34
Apetina
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlai View Post
This one, from what I understand, can't be done until SS releases their planned brown Wolverine.
Where did you get that info? is reliable?
Apetina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 02:50 PM   #35
Peedi
The Secret Six

I WANT I WANT I WANT!!!!!

I plan on getting this.

Has anybody from XM given an official word this won't be released until SS does theirs? Because aside from the thread Igo made in the SS section about ideas for a brown Wolverine PF, there's been no word from SS about their version.

XM is already posting the line art. Traditionally that usually means they've got good forward momentum with actually bringing the product out and the digital sculpt is next. SS's production takes YEARS, since Igo just created that thread last year asking for pose ideas I take it that means they hadn't started sculpting yet. You can see a rough sculpt from SS and it'll still be another 2 years before the PO is ready.

I don't think XM will be waiting for SS if they're showing us this now.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 02:58 PM   #36
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Yea I'm confused too as to why XM would have to wait for SS.

It's not like they waited for SS to create a Magneto, Phoenix, or Cable.

It's more like SS should wait til XM creates their pieces so they can piggyback on the demand generated.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 03:03 PM   #37
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
I disagree with this for this particular piece. I hear everyone saying remove the swords but add arrows, ninja stars, a couple dead ninja, etc. Whichever way you go, its going to be busy.

For a dynamic statue like Wolvie, I feel the extra touches like what is suggested or what is there now bring the scene to life. You can tell he is in a battle and not just posing.

JM2C
i get what youre saying and to a point i agree, i wouldnt be opposed to 3-4 arrows randomly placed on the rooftop. that gives the impression hes yelling at his opponents. having sheathed swords stickin out of the roof seems pretty forced to me. "put some samurai swords up there too, those are japanese..." the arrows would tell a story, the swords wouldnt make sense - in my opinion
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 03:06 PM   #38
Spec Fiction
Speculative Fiction

XM continues to push the envelope which is what is needed to keep things progressing. I can only imagine what this hobby will be like in ten years.
Old 02-25-2015, 03:17 PM   #39
Bobfrog
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchyoutoo View Post
I wonder how long it is for a 3d rendition to come out is.
Would love to see switch out arms. Ones that are abit tighter to the body maybe for variation.

Also that bases gotta be detailed to the GILLS when they start sculpting it. I wanna feel like I've time warped into japan.
Probably will see a render tomorrow. XM has a habit of showing pics and then very soon thereafter showing actual 3d renderings.
Bobfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 03:17 PM   #40
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

I have one major complaint, which is the pose. It's basically the same pose of the already done Wolverine.
When I first read about the concept of the rooftop, I was expecting either a crouching Wolverine, or him standing straight. I think they should dare more and make this brown Wolvie in a completely different style than the other.
I've always seen the brown costume Wolverine lending himself to a grittier and rawer style, wouldn't mind seeing some more bulk on his body and blood on him and on the base. This should look like if Wolverine has just done some of his dirty job.
The Mule is offline   Reply With Quote