Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 02-25-2015, 03:26 PM   #41
rhy
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

I like the direction they took w/ Logans' hair. It's a bit ruffled, messier as opposed to his classic costume in which his "do" seems like he just stepped out the barbers. Definitely will cop. Another XM hit
rhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 03:46 PM   #42
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mule View Post
I have one major complaint, which is the pose. It's basically the same pose of the already done Wolverine.
When I first read about the concept of the rooftop, I was expecting either a crouching Wolverine, or him standing straight. I think they should dare more and make this brown Wolvie in a completely different style than the other.
I've always seen the brown costume Wolverine lending himself to a grittier and rawer style, wouldn't mind seeing some more bulk on his body and blood on him and on the base. This should look like if Wolverine has just done some of his dirty job.
I know what you mean. Although I'm okay with this current pose, I wouldn't mind another pose such as this one from one of my favorite comics:
AC_808 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 03:51 PM   #43
kevin2323
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhy View Post

I like the direction they took w/ Logans' hair. It's a bit ruffled, messier as opposed to his classic costume in which his "do" seems like he just stepped out the barbers. Definitely will cop. Another XM hit
the current pose works if he's dodging or getting hit by arrows, ninja stars, etc. if he's clean then the pose doesnt work.
kevin2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 03:54 PM   #44
adee
Green Arrow

I liked the pose on the first and still like it on the second but I understand the complaint for those that will have both. I think it's different enough from the waist up. Mirroring the stance would be cooler.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 04:02 PM   #45
wanderlai
The Tick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apetina View Post
Where did you get that info? is reliable?
It was talked about on the other board how SS has a window on certain characters to make one first. I have no idea if that's true or not. There are reasons though why Marvel only allows certain things to be made. Maybe XM can shed some light on this.
wanderlai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 04:24 PM   #46
frenchyoutoo
Nightwing

I wonder when a Wolverine statue will come out with switch out arms with bone claws. Was there ever a time in his brown costume days in Japan were he had bone claws?

Would be cool if his pose was abit lower so one switch out arm had him dragging his claws into the roof tiles. Even though that means there will always be a three blade scratch on the roof base, but I'd be kewl wit dat.
frenchyoutoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 04:31 PM   #47
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlai View Post
It was talked about on the other board how SS has a window on certain characters to make one first. I have no idea if that's true or not. There are reasons though why Marvel only allows certain things to be made. Maybe XM can shed some light on this.
Yeah, people grabbing their c**k already and expecting XM to screw up and have repercussions.
The Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 04:31 PM   #48
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apetina View Post
Where did you get that info? is reliable?
Ink the moderator from Freaks board was the one who mentioned it. He has said in the past that he has behind the scenes knowledge of SS stuff so it might be true...

But given that XM is already showing artwork it tells me the exclusive rights had a time limit on it and odds are that time limit is about to expire... just a guess though..
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 04:33 PM   #49
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin2323 View Post
the current pose works if he's dodging or getting hit by arrows, ninja stars, etc. if he's clean then the pose doesnt work.
Kind of looks like he's about ready to jump off the roof and land on a group of bad guys
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 04:38 PM   #50
jcasalone
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Wow, I am going to have to get this. As a collector located in the United States, what would be the online retail outlets for me to use in hopes of acquiring a pre-order. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
jcasalone is offline   Reply With Quote