Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 08-16-2015, 08:04 AM   #21
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Just checked out their official EU distributors. They are taking the piss with those prices.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 08:53 AM   #22
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mule View Post
It's always been like that for many producers (i.e. Bowen), only difference is that this is the first time that US are cut off and Sideshow is not importing/distributing (i.e. like they do with Prime1 and Hot Toys).
It makes perfectly business sense because if I live in a certain area of the world and my goods sell out in that area, there's no need for me to spend huge money on a wider license.
There are more collectors in North America then probably everywhere else. It just feels that all the good stuff are from Asian region that we can't get. I want the 1:4 Hulkbuster but it's in Hong Kong. Such a pain in the butt. SSC shouldn't be the only players in North America and they have an open license where they can ship anywhere. Fuk marvel on this!
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 10:16 AM   #23
fateel
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordsman View Post
If they can't fulfill ? Easily get the refund back ?
I suppose so, since they are official distributor. However when the refund will come back is one problem, the bigger problem is being able to buy at RRP is impossible by then
fateel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 03:00 PM   #24
SideShowJoe
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
There are more collectors in North America then probably everywhere else. It just feels that all the good stuff are from Asian region that we can't get. I want the 1:4 Hulkbuster but it's in Hong Kong. Such a pain in the butt. SSC shouldn't be the only players in North America and they have an open license where they can ship anywhere. Fuk marvel on this!
Yeah i agree phuck Marvel…greedy sons of -----es!!

I want my XM fix in USA, hoping one day it happens just wish XM would chime in and let us know what they think about this and when they may think we could try and get USA on the distributor list!

Sarah JOE
SideShowJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 04:08 PM   #25
built2shred
Phoenix

I only see two situations where XM gets to sell in North America..

1) Sideshow goes bankrupt.
2) Sideshow makes a deal with XM to sell through them (IE: Hot Toys and Prime 1)

Other then that I don't see XM selling anytime soon in North America. And unless they want to really ramp up production I don't see XM wanting to, right now everything they make pretty much sells out, some within a day or two others within a few months...

If they go big then they will not be able to pump out so many characters as they won't have the man power.... I also doubt they will be able to keep their QC top notch either if there doing like 10k Magnetos... I know some people just say hire more people, but as a business owner myself it's not easy find high quality people.

Given they are artists and not bean counters they probably prefer to keep the Edition Sizes low and pump out multiple characters...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 05:03 PM   #26
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
Just checked out their official EU distributors. They are taking the piss with those prices.
Yeah.
It's a double edged sword.
On one side, I can see the inflated price. European import fees are huge and taxes on sales are very high, as is fiscal pressure. Retailers do need to jack up prices, especially with the dollar being so strong now (Singapore dollar gained strength over Euro, too), they're basically investing big sums ahead of time to get a net profit of 100-200$ per piece when they are released, which is at least one year later.
On the other side, it's ludicrous that I alone, as a private individual, ordered XM pieces from Singapore, paid the very high shipping price, paid the high customs fees, and still end up spending a good 250-300€ less than what I would pay to the european retailer.
It makes me hard to sympathize with the european store, I see it as a last resort when you absolutely want a piece and all doors are closed (happened with Thanos to me); but I'll be honest, I'd rather pay the inflated price to a flipper from Ebay. At least I know he had to sweat, to secure that piece....

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
Yes but when you need only 999 people per piece, it doesn't matter if North America has a ton more collectors. Tsume just sold out in a day their 1000 Whitebeard statues (from One Piece), they almost only sell in Europe and Europe is, like, the third world of collecting.
I do feel your pain but I also gotta say that Sideshow invested in this busines much longer ago than any younger company. They bought licenses ten years ago and established a durable relationship with the most important brands out there, in a time when nobody would have bet on this market getting so big.
But yeah, this semi-monopoly sucks indeed. Competition is good, too bad there's a crapload of money behind this business and companies act accordingly.
The Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 07:30 PM   #27
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Love hearing the whining. Everyone else was left out of Bowen for years. If XM truly wanted a global license they need to offer Disney more money. That's how the license thing works.
Old 08-16-2015, 10:32 PM   #28
Thor57
Teen Titans

Yeah. Comics and pop culture are a big thing now. Years ago, it wasnt. It was nerdy, it was taboo, but now, its the cool thing to partake in. Let XM get their feet under them. If they keep selling out, their business will grow, and they'll be able to possibly come up with an offer to go bigger and wider. If not, realize that products not made for you are hard to get.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 12:12 AM   #29
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Love hearing the whining. Everyone else was left out of Bowen for years. If XM truly wanted a global license they need to offer Disney more money. That's how the license thing works.
What is Bowen lol?!
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 12:42 AM   #30
Leeloo
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

I know a lot of collectors love the hunt of collecting (which I used to totally get) but these days, the harder it is to get a piece, the more I am thinking I am losing my love for this statue game. I can't believe I am saying that, but I think I am just too old for the frenzied hunt to secure resin. I just want the statues on display to make me smile, if it is going to be this hard, and I feel this lack luster about it, probably means it is time for me to move on.
Which is a crying shame, because there really is spectacular stuff out there, but like someone else said here, I would rather just buy it on ebay and save myself the hassle than do the almighty scramble and fret about missing out on something. It is just taking all the love out of it for me.
Leeloo is offline   Reply With Quote