Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-01-2018, 03:08 PM   #141
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

Quote:
Originally Posted by haljordan99 View Post
Did they say how they're going to fix it?
They're basically filling in the gap in the construct where his hand should be.
Shanesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 03:24 PM   #142
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanesg View Post
They're basically filling in the gap in the construct where his hand should be.
I'm concerned that that's not enough.

There are two spots that have to be filled in. At the lowest point where it connects to the arm, and at that glaring hole in the construct.

But imo they'll both have to increase the construct at the bottom of the left arm 'gun' construct to make it easier to believe that it's covering the arm, while at the same time they should darken the material where the arm is supposed to be, otherwise it'll still look like the arm is missing!

And how does Dave Igo miss that. How does it go from design, to print, to paint, to displayed to themselves and still get sent to a major convention and not noticed or not fixed!? Is everyone at Sideshow visually impaired or something. Or are none actually fans of the Green Lanterns not to know how their constructs actually seem to work?

Between this and his responses to questions about Rogue, I don't think I've ever gotten mad watching one of their Live Shows before now.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 03:51 PM   #143
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Things happen when these companies are rushing to get prototypes ready for conventions. They know about the arm and they know that we know, so they'll fix it.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 04:18 PM   #144
BurningRage
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
I'm concerned that that's not enough.

There are two spots that have to be filled in. At the lowest point where it connects to the arm, and at that glaring hole in the construct.

But imo they'll both have to increase the construct at the bottom of the left arm 'gun' construct to make it easier to believe that it's covering the arm, while at the same time they should darken the material where the arm is supposed to be, otherwise it'll still look like the arm is missing!

And how does Dave Igo miss that. How does it go from design, to print, to paint, to displayed to themselves and still get sent to a major convention and not noticed or not fixed!? Is everyone at Sideshow visually impaired or something. Or are none actually fans of the Green Lanterns not to know how their constructs actually seem to work?

Between this and his responses to questions about Rogue, I don't think I've ever gotten mad watching one of their Live Shows before now.
He grew up with the JL cartoon and didn’t even know Hal Jordan was a GL. So now I understand why classic costumes don’t appeal to him.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 04:23 PM   #145
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
He grew up with the JL cartoon and didn’t even know Hal Jordan was a GL. So now I understand why classic costumes don’t appeal to him.

Edited: my own stupid comment.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 04:32 PM   #146
SolidLiquidFox
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
Any of you remember that JLU episode with the guy with a time gadget that altered reality and Hal Jordan showed up for a few minutes?
SolidLiquidFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 05:21 PM   #147
Igo
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
And how does Dave Igo miss that. How does it go from design, to print, to paint, to displayed to themselves and still get sent to a major convention and not noticed or not fixed!? Is everyone at Sideshow visually impaired or something.
So what you're saying is, you're mad that we're fixing it?
Igo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 05:32 PM   #148
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igo View Post
Mr. Igo, I think what he’s saying is, he’s frustrated that something like that has to be “fixed” in the first place.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 05:41 PM   #149
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

So people are mad cause they needed to fix it in the first place? Nevermind they caught the issue and are addressing the issue before it ever gets to customers or even goes up for pre-order. This place is simply wacky sometimes. They missed something then caught it and it will literally not impact any customers. I think some people just enjoy being mad.
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 05:46 PM   #150
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Mr. Igo, I think what he’s saying is, he’s frustrated that something like that has to be “fixed” in the first place.

So your saying if they hadn't made it in the first place it wouldn't need to be fixed.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote