Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-11-2018, 11:24 AM   #251
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPmaster View Post
Really? Imo, this is the first time that the construct has looked like what it looks like in the comics out of all the Green Lanterns I've seen.
I agree. Both SS and DC used pretty dark green gummy bear looking material on their statues. While it looks good, it doesn't really look like what you see in the comics.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	43972972621_f39401fbc1_o.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	277.4 KB
ID:	117941  
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 11:31 AM   #252
adee
Green Arrow

I like what Tweeterhead did on Hal. That's more of how I envision it looking. This is to opaque looking to me.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 11:39 AM   #253
DPmaster
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
The effect is just very poorly executed. The painted transition on his arm to the construct only highlight how weird it looks.

Look at the last pic posted of Stewart. His arm doesn't disappear in the construct.
That's because in the last pic, his arm isn't encased in his construct. It's outside of his construct coming out of his ring. With this statue, part of his arm is encased in his construct so you won't be able to see that part of his arm. See some of the pics below where parts of his construct are around him and you can't see parts of Green Lantern's body. With that said, I have also seen where his constructs can be more translucent and I think that's what some people want.

DPmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 11:50 AM   #254
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
I agree. Both SS and DC used pretty dark green gummy bear looking material on their statues. While it looks good, it doesn't really look like what you see in the comics.

While I don't like Hal's energy effects in either of these pieces, both Sinestro effects seem to work pretty well. Like you said, Hal's looks like gummy bear type candy while Sinestro's (although the same material) look like a representation of energy.

Mixing the green coloring into the material properly seems to be a problem that nobody has been able to crack yet.
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 12:07 PM   #255
DPmaster
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

[QUOTE=Master Pizza;5668125]Those pictures just highlight what's wrong with the construct. Wrong arm and phantom limb.

It shows the construct coming out of ring on his right hand so it's correct. The only thing I would criticize is maybe the construct could be thicker on the bottom of where his forearm is so that it encases his arm better.

DPmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 12:25 PM   #256
adee
Green Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPmaster View Post
Those pictures just highlight what's wrong with the construct. Wrong arm and phantom limb.

It shows the construct coming out of ring on his right hand so it's correct. The only thing I would criticize is maybe the construct could be thicker on the bottom of where his forearm is so that it encases his arm better.
Agreed, and that's my biggest point of contention on it. Although I would prefer a more translucent look this doesn't at all look like his arm is inside the construct and looks more like his arm is becoming the construct.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 12:52 PM   #257
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

If the construct is only covering one arm then it should be the arm that has the ring, hence wrong arm. It would be different it looked like he was holding the construct weapon, but instead his arm is supposedly encased inside of it like we usually see on the ring bearing hand.

I'd still be able to overlook it if his forearm didn't appear as if it's been replaced.

Good for those of you who don't see it that way because it's a very nice looking statue but that would bug the hell out of me if I purchased it.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 12:57 PM   #258
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Pizza View Post
If the construct is only covering one arm then it should be the arm that has the ring, hence wrong arm. It would be different it looked like he was holding the construct weapon, but instead his arm is supposedly encased inside of it like we usually see on the ring bearing hand.

I'd still be able to overlook it if his forearm didn't appear as if it's been replaced.

Good for those of you who don't see it that way because it's a very nice looking statue but that would bug the hell out of me if I purchased it.
I'm not buying it and it still bugs the hell outta me. Really brings down and otherwise perfect looking statue.
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 02:11 PM   #259
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Pizza View Post
Those pictures just highlight what's wrong with the construct. Wrong arm and phantom limb.

So you are saying G/L can’t will or imagine any of these?
Old 10-11-2018, 03:21 PM   #260
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
Agreed, and that's my biggest point of contention on it. Although I would prefer a more translucent look this doesn't at all look like his arm is inside the construct and looks more like his arm is becoming the construct.
Yeah, it's because they didn't beef this part up enough. Filling the gap/missing part isn't enough to make it look like it in encasing his arm.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	300679_press9.jpg
Views:	430
Size:	227.9 KB
ID:	117942  
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote