Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 05-29-2019, 12:31 PM   #151
tethrox
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

tethrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 01:30 PM   #152
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by tethrox View Post
I will be getting it either way for sure. Really looking forward to the reveal of Black Adam. Was mentioned it should be at SDCC. Hope this doesn’t change, unless it’s earlier.
He will be. Already done. not yet painted
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 01:52 PM   #153
Mister H
Gen 13

Super hyped about Black Adam.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 04:09 PM   #154
tethrox
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

tethrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 04:52 PM   #155
Neon2102
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
Too similar to black adam's pose. The two side by side look fabulous! The gold on the costume really works. Wait for the full reveal, he looks like the powerhouse he is.

I know we all clamour for the classics, but this line if it's to continue will have to walk a fine line with the dwindling number of older collectors, and attracting the new younger collector. The new younger collector that is used to the hyper detailed movie and comic book costumes.

The bright yellow was probably a color printing limitation back in the day as based on who gave Shazam his powers I think it's safe to say they appreciated Gold more. That said, we will have to allow some flexibility with these characters that we love.
Yea, I get it. Would be ideal to hit both demographics though. Something like the new DKR Batman, there are 2 paint variations. Maybe give some thought to a smaller run of the classic colors and a larger run for the more modern coloration.

That way you're hitting those who want a more traditional representation and those who like a more modern look.

Looking forward to the full reveal next week.
Neon2102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 06:41 PM   #156
AlexT
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon2102 View Post
Yea, I get it. Would be ideal to hit both demographics though. Something like the new DKR Batman, there are 2 paint variations. Maybe give some thought to a smaller run of the classic colors and a larger run for the more modern coloration.

That way you're hitting those who want a more traditional representation and those who like a more modern look.

Looking forward to the full reveal next week.
Let’s wait util Tuesday until the reveal. As a community we complain too much. Let’s see him first. I gold looks bad so be it but if grphyx1 said it works I would be highly confident that it will exceed our expectations
AlexT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 07:11 PM   #157
Neon2102

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexT View Post
Let’s wait util Tuesday until the reveal. As a community we complain too much. Let’s see him first. I gold looks bad so be it but if grphyx1 said it works I would be highly confident that it will exceed our expectations
That's great. Already said I'm waiting for the reveal.

Also, not complaining, stating my opinion that'd I'd prefer classic yellow and providing possible alternatives. Yellow is the look he's had for 75 years and the one I personally prefer. So regardless of how great gold looks, I have and always will prefer yellow.

I was offering a suggestion on how to balance the line between old and new as Grphyx said they are trying to do. There was no complaining for complaining sake.
Old 05-29-2019, 07:56 PM   #158
AlexT
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
That's great. Already said I'm waiting for the reveal.

Also, not complaining, stating my opinion that'd I'd prefer classic yellow and providing possible alternatives. Yellow is the look he's had for 75 years and the one I personally prefer. So regardless of how great gold looks, I have and always will prefer yellow.

I was offering a suggestion on how to balance the line between old and new as Grphyx said they are trying to do. There was no complaining for complaining sake.
Hey you never know... and the complaining part was a general statement not aimed specifically at you (I should have worded it better). I really hope that you will get blown away and you will really like this Shazam! as it looks like you are a big fan of his.
AlexT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 03:14 PM   #159
Neon2102

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexT View Post
Hey you never know... and the complaining part was a general statement not aimed specifically at you (I should have worded it better). I really hope that you will get blown away and you will really like this Shazam! as it looks like you are a big fan of his.
I am a big fan. I'll be ordering regardless along with Black Adam. Hoping for Mary down the line as well.

I'm sure it'll look great, it's Shazam.

Finally just happy someone is giving the Shazam Family some love. All I've had up to now was the DC piece that came out with the Superman vs Shazam short movie several years back. Haven't been impressed with other pieces I've seen but TH has been killing them.
Old 05-30-2019, 04:44 PM   #160
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
I am a big fan. I'll be ordering regardless along with Black Adam. Hoping for Mary down the line as well.

I'm sure it'll look great, it's Shazam.

Finally just happy someone is giving the Shazam Family some love. All I've had up to now was the DC piece that came out with the Superman vs Shazam short movie several years back. Haven't been impressed with other pieces I've seen but TH has been killing them.
Pretty sure Chad had mentioned a Mary Marvel in one of his FB shows. Yeah we're not doing the mary shazam BS here.

You'll get to see both Shazam and Black Adam side by side by SDCC. Black Adam looks like he could rip you in half. (didn't he do that to someone in the comic book?)
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote