Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > News and Updates > Statue Reviews

Old 03-16-2006, 06:11 PM   #31
JM28Cardiff
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Maybe I was hoping you would elaborate a little. In what way are they crap or awful (and don't refer to the size or cost here). Are they out of proportion? Is the face wonky? Is it roughly finished? If it didnt say so on the box, would you know what character they were? As they are women, do they look feminine and a little bit sexy, or are they like East German shot putters? Do they look like bull dykes? I dont think so!
JM28Cardiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 06:19 PM   #32
Jesse321
Galactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM28Cardiff
Maybe I was hoping you would elaborate a little. In what way are they crap or awful?
Okay hows this:

1) The sculpts in general are too small and they are WAY too expensive for what your getting, sorry but if that's not your biggest greivence, then you must be independently wealthy and/or (no offense intended) just not that fickle about your sculpts

2) The paint jobs on them are horrible, look at the eyes and the hair lines, the paints don't follow the scuplt line. The colors are completely monocromatic, there's no shading and Poison Ivy has NEVER been depicted in any book as marble white!

3) The suit around the breasts is TOO LOW ... does Adam Hughes believe that the nipples on a womans breasts fall under the flap or at the bottom of the breast?

4) The face is so stiff it looks like a K-Mart Manniquin, there's no grace or elegance to it.

5) Take a look at the side shot posed by B_C, the upper torso and shoulder area is RIDICULOUSLY larger than the hips ... this piece isn't even in scale with itself!

Is that better?

Quote:
Do they look like bull dykes? I dont think so!
If you seriously don't think that the sculpt of Diana makes her looks like a RAGING bull dyke, I have some women here in Florida that you should meet
Jesse321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 06:25 PM   #33
JM28Cardiff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse321
Okay hows this:

1) The sculpts in general are too small.

2) The paint jobs on them are horrible, look at the eyes and the hair line ... the colors are completely monocromatic, there's no shading and Poison Ivy has NEVER been depicted in any book as marble white!

3) The suit around the breasts is TOO LOW ... does Adam Hughes believe that the nipples on a womans breasts fall under the flap or at the bottom of the breast?

4) The face is so stiff it looks like a K-Mart Manniquin, there's no grace or elegance to it.

5) Take a look at the side shot posed by B_C, the upper torso and shoulder area is RIDICULOUSLY larger than the hips ... this piece isn't even in scale with itself!

Is that better?
Better! I'll knock points one and two off though, the size has nothing to do with how well its sculpted, nor does the paint job (you referred to them as awful sculpts). The boobies are a little "artificial", but I dont see too much of a problem, vis-a-vis where the nips would be. As for the face, shes a baddie, a glacial kind of look works fine imo. Point 5, it might just be the angle of the shot, dont have mine out of the box right now.
Old 03-16-2006, 06:26 PM   #34
JM28Cardiff

Quote:

If you seriously don't think that the sculpt of Diana makes her looks like a RAGING bull dyke, I have some women here in Florida that you should meet
I still would! Little bit of muscle on a lady is fine with me!
Old 03-16-2006, 06:29 PM   #35
Jesse321
Galactus

Quote:
Better! I'll knock points one and two off though, the size has nothing to do with how well its sculpted, nor does the paint job (you referred to them as awful sculpts). The boobies are a little "artificial", but I dont see too much of a problem, vis-a-vis where the nips would be. As for the face, shes a baddie, a glacial kind of look works fine imo. Point 5, it might just be the angle of the shot, dont have mine out of the box right now.
NO NO NO .. you wanna debate then you debate point by point, you don't get to pick and choose your arguments or you lose validity as far as I'm concerned. To me a sculpt is reviewed in it's entirety, concept, sculpt and paint all come into play. Using your logic, I could say it's a great sculpts just because I happen to like the shade of green they desided to paint her, so ergo it's a good sculpt.

You SERIOUSLY don't see a problem where the nipples would fall on the breasts in these sculpts? For God's sake, I'm G AY and I've been with enough women to know where the nipples on a breast should be!

It's not the angle of the shot or shots .. it's lousy scale.
Old 03-16-2006, 06:31 PM   #36
JM28Cardiff

Quote:
NO NO NO .. you wanna debate then you debate point by point, you don't get to pick and choose yuor argument or you lose validity as far as I'm concerned.
Huh? I addressed every one of your points?
Old 03-16-2006, 06:33 PM   #37
Jesse321
Galactus

Quote:
I still would! Little bit of muscle on a lady is fine with me!
And the fact that her face looks EXACTLY like Michael's mug shot doesn't bother you in the slightest?
Old 03-16-2006, 06:33 PM   #38
Jesse321
Galactus

Quote:
Huh? I addressed every one of your points?
No you didn't, you didn't address the size or lousy paint job.

Quote:
Better! I'll knock points one and two off though, the size has nothing to do with how well its sculpted, nor does the paint job (you referred to them as awful sculpts).
Quote:
To me a sculpt is reviewed in it's entirety, concept, sculpt and paint all come into play. Using your logic, I could say it's a great sculpts just because I happen to like the shade of green they desided to paint her, so ergo it's a good sculpt.
Old 03-16-2006, 06:34 PM   #39
JM28Cardiff

The paint job is not the sculpt. The size is not the sculpt.
Old 03-16-2006, 06:35 PM   #40
Primal
Batman

Quote:
Conclusion ... why anyone is wasting thier time and hard earned money on this crap line is beyond me.
I dont know about the whole line but the upcoming Harley piece looks too good to pass up.
Primal is offline   Reply With Quote