Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 06-03-2006, 08:52 PM   #11
oxbeard
I am da law!

Yeah this really stinks. I was planning on picking up the flying bronze as well. Guess that won't be happening now.
oxbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 09:17 PM   #12
Zurbaran1
Mod Guru

I hope they didn't screw up that flying bronze as well. It was sculpted by Karl Sanders (Dragonfire on the board). Karl is an awesome sculptor and one helluva nice guy. Karl has sculpted some of the most amazing dragons out there. I'm pretty sure he showed us pics of this Batman piece, I know he showed us those tiny bats a long time ago. Hopefully Noble didn't mess this one up. If they did don't blame the sculptor.
Zurbaran1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 11:45 PM   #13
The Batman Professor
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Gotta say, I received mine about two months ago, and was very pleased. With the exception of a little roughness around the cape clasps, mine is dead-on with the catalog shot. Sorry you got a bad one BANE - try calling customer service, as they are really helpful, and not outsourced third worlders, if you can believe it. The piece has a nice heft, and I'm looking forward to the flying sculpt, which has been pushed back (again!) to July.

Did anyone else get one of these?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bronze.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	131.5 KB
ID:	27274  
The Batman Professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 06:16 AM   #14
bane
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batman Professor
Gotta say, I received mine about two months ago, and was very pleased. With the exception of a little roughness around the cape clasps, mine is dead-on with the catalog shot. Sorry you got a bad one BANE - try calling customer service, as they are really helpful, and not outsourced third worlders, if you can believe it. The piece has a nice heft, and I'm looking forward to the flying sculpt, which has been pushed back (again!) to July.

Did anyone else get one of these?

I'm glad to hear you like yours , but it doesn't look like a Bronze sculpture in the pic you posted , more like a Bronze 'painted ' statue !And the one in the catalogue has a glossy bronze finish .
I'm a Batman collector just like you and was hoping for this to be another must have quality piece but got very dissapointed .
Post pics of the flight sculpt if it arrives in your collection if you want .

Just to compare , on the left is a bronze sculpt and on the right a Bronze painted sculpt .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bronze 001.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	161.6 KB
ID:	27276  
bane is offline   Reply With Quote