Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-18-2024, 03:27 AM   #61
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

If TH & SS are indeed now in direct competition after both have teased thier almost identical Krampus statues then I wonder if SS will have a go at a Werewolf/Dogman as well.

majestic1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2024, 03:51 AM   #62
Atlantisatdawn
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Sideshow & tweeterhead seem like they have a great relationship between them, so there surely must be a strategy behind this, I guess
Atlantisatdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2024, 06:52 AM   #63
Frankierock
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
We already got a better look at the middle character.

TH's banner had medusa in the middle, maybe you are confusing the two banners.
]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantisatdawn View Post
I'm confused with all these banners! The one Frankierock posted does look slightly different, it seems Sideshow has 2 different banners, plus the Tweeterhead one, maybe?
Lmao, yeah way too many banners..but the one I was referring to was the one I posted, Which was definitely from SSC. The middle picture looks like she has snakes as hair. But in the wonder con photo she looks different.
Either way with all these photos , it looks like we are keeping our eyes and wallets open.
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2024, 07:42 AM   #64
Atlantisatdawn
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankierock View Post
Lmao, yeah way too many banners..but the one I was referring to was the one I posted, Which was definitely from SSC. The middle picture looks like she has snakes as hair. But in the wonder con photo she looks different.
Either way with all these photos , it looks like we are keeping our eyes and wallets open.
Atlantisatdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2024, 08:09 AM   #65
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Odd. I've never seen anyone asking for a Krampus statue, and now there will be two.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2024, 08:11 AM   #66
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Odd. I've never seen anyone asking for a Krampus statue, and now there will be two.
Makes you wonder what we'll get next.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2024, 08:22 AM   #67
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

Quote:
I'd never even heard of Krampus up until a few years ago and I'm in my 40s, I guess this legend/monster is more well known in other countries.
majestic1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2024, 09:08 AM   #68
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
I'd never even heard of Krampus up until a few years ago and I'm in my 40s, I guess this legend/monster is more well known in other countries.
I only ever found out about him recently myself due to recently watching the 2015 horror movie Krampus. BTW, the movie was nowhere near as good as I really wanted it to be.

"Krampus, in central European popular legend, a half-goat, half-demon monster that punishes misbehaving children at Christmastime. He is the devilish companion of St. Nicholas. Krampus is believed to have originated in Germany, and his name derives from the German word Krampen, which means "claw."
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2024, 09:22 AM   #69
Halcyon
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
Have you seen the movie? or searched what this lore was?

In my country we had a bit more modern version of this:
naugthy children go into a sack (bag) instead of getting some (santa) treats
but because he was a 'dark colored' helper 'protesters for equality' got it banned a few yrs back.

the (semi horror) movies like these are still nice around the Holidays.
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2024, 10:34 AM   #70
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttmunch View Post
Overall I have to say this has been one of Sideshow?s worst events. Why have an event to just post concept art of 2-3 pieces and not have any actual new items go up for preorder? The KP Phantom of the Opera felt like the only item that went up during the event that even fit the theme of monsters and villains. I was hoping for so much more.
I get that it can be frustrating when your wanting to see things to grow your collection. It also makes it seem like SS can't win whatever they do. They use to not do events between 12 days and SDCC. So folks would complain about the long 6 months, and then complain about SDCC reveals until NYCC, then complain about lack of NYCC reveals, then complain about Spooktacular lack of reveals, and complain about what was shown during 12 days because it was just a banner. Now the complaint is that they didn't show anything but just concept art.

Most of there events are to give away prizes, discounts and reward points. If they show any reveals that's a bonus in my book.

Quote:
Maybe not, but definitely fits into something that SS would do. They love monsters/horror stuff, and there are a lot of fans of that, and with the originals to the continuation of what they did before like jack the ripper. So with the 30th anniversary they are circling back to some stuff like this.
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote