Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 03-09-2019, 03:40 AM   #4491
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by 000hjs000 View Post
Got my Chun Li (Alpha) yesterday. Sucks because it was damaged. Looks like water damage and also looks like someone with dirty hands touched it. Did anyone else get theirs damaged? or am i the unlucky one? Contacted SS and we'll see what happens.

They'll have to replace or refund. That looks a mess.
Maybe if you return it, they send me the top outfit section? ..as my Alpha has an outfit issue.

I'm none too happy about the section at the front. I think the tailoring is to blame, as looking at other's Chun-Li, it should be symmetrical. On my Chun-Li one side is higher, and showing raw resin. I've contacted Sideshow. A new fabric top should fix things, if there are any spares available? if there are any available, i'm not sure how easy it would be to attach?

ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 10:12 AM   #4492
Joppula
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Good lord that’s bad.

Interestingly enough a recent review by extreme collectibles revealed that his Hush Superman was wet inside the box as well.

My Rambo also had some moisture on his right arm (thankfully it just wiped away).

I wonder if they were all shipped together? Seems likely.

Oh, and I’ve seen the regular Chun Li posted on FB, and the right hand DID NOT have the flashing between the index and middle finger. So I guess only some will have that issue?!?
Joppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 11:45 AM   #4493
Sgt Taz
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joppula View Post
Oh, and I’ve seen the regular Chun Li posted on FB, and the right hand DID NOT have the flashing between the index and middle finger. So I guess only some will have that issue?!?
Realy a reg with no webbing? Man that just means it depends on wether you had a lazy or motivated factory worker or maybe what number of cast you get from the original mold or something? This kinda sucks knowing they dont all have the webbing and it's up to pure luck which you get
Sgt Taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 01:30 PM   #4494
Joppula

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Taz View Post
Realy a reg with no webbing? Man that just means it depends on wether you had a lazy or motivated factory worker or maybe what number of cast you get from the original mold or something? This kinda sucks knowing they dont all have the webbing and it's up to pure luck which you get
Here is the Chun, zoom in on the hand.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2BF14F12-3287-4E66-B459-66EEB6C6EE73.jpeg
Views:	173
Size:	109.1 KB
ID:	121671  
Old 03-09-2019, 02:47 PM   #4495
Sgt Taz
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Dude
Old 03-09-2019, 03:58 PM   #4496
The STATUARY
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Taz View Post
Dude
You mean "dude" as in they should all be like that?
Or "dude" as in you don't see any difference from usual?
The STATUARY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 04:05 PM   #4497
Biggunz
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
They'll have to replace or refund. That looks a mess.
Maybe if you return it, they send me the top outfit section? ..as my Alpha has an outfit issue.

I'm none too happy about the section at the front. I think the tailoring is to blame, as looking at other's Chun-Li, it should be symmetrical. On my Chun-Li one side is higher, and showing raw resin. I've contacted Sideshow. A new fabric top should fix things, if there are any spares available? if there are any available, i'm not sure how easy it would be to attach?

man both these look bootleg. they were really trying to have the company rush these out huh?
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 04:08 PM   #4498
Biggunz
Loki

Quote:
this one looks better then the others i seen, but whats wrong with her hand?

she's getting ready to do the Gene simmons bull horns and haven't put the two middle fingers down right?
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 04:35 PM   #4499
Sgt Taz
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by The STATUARY View Post
You mean "dude" as in they should all be like that?
Or "dude" as in you don't see any difference from usual?
From the quality of that pic there is no way of telling. The index and pinky are separated standard on her right hand it's the middle two which have the webbing (at least on the classic if I recall correct, I know alpha has webbing between the middle and indexfinger also) and her left hand is even less visible when zoomed in so the statement should not be counted as fact...am I wrong

At 1:3 scale this webbing realy is inexcusable...pure lazyness that keeps these otherwise awesome statues from perfection
Old 03-09-2019, 05:16 PM   #4500
Joppula

There is no flashing between the index and middle finger. That is fact based on this photo.

The other Alphas I’ve seen have a large chunk of flashing at the second knuckle between the index and middle finger.

This statue does not.
Attached Images