Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 03-20-2019, 07:12 PM   #4601
Cyber-Lip
Hydra

duplicate post again
Cyber-Lip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 07:24 PM   #4602
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber-Lip View Post
A couple other things worth mentioning...on my Battle Dress, the head comes glued on (other two are removable) but they did nothing to fill in and blend the seam. So it looks just like the other two with the removable head seam around the jawline. As if they just dropped a glob of glue in there and stuck it on. Also, the coloring of the skin tone on the face is not matched to the body, it's several shades darker. Not sure if they are all like this, or it was just something else on mine they F'd up. But it looks really bad, as this one is almost all skin, so it stands out. Just very poor consideration and attention to detail.

These are very simple statues in terms of ease of paint. Why is it that they took something that was so simple to get right and make it look like not screwing it up was a insurmountable monumental task?

And on my Alpha, the yellow plastic breast contraption is also visible through the arm hole on one side. I tried to fix this by scooting the vest over that spot to cover it better, but it's not doable, as the vest is glued on. By moving it you may damage it, so I'd not recommend trying to do this. Same thing with the Battle Dress, I tried to fix the dress up a bit by moving it a little, but it's glued to her breasts, so if you do this be super careful.
My Alpha has the plastic section visible at the front, all because Chun-Li's fabric has been fitted (stitched) incorrectly. I have contacted Sideshow about this (and the hand webbing) and so far, they have failed to get in touch, which is very unlike Sideshow?
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 08:02 PM   #4603
Cyber-Lip
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by 000hjs000 View Post
Got my Chun Li (Alpha) yesterday. Sucks because it was damaged. Looks like water damage and also looks like someone with dirty hands touched it. Did anyone else get theirs damaged? or am i the unlucky one? Contacted SS and we'll see what happens.
Considering this post, and that all 3 of mine arrived in soggy boxes with mold damage - anyone remember their FB post a couple months back with pics of a flooded factory and a note saying not to worry, all the statues were moved to a higher level in time?
Cyber-Lip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 01:24 AM   #4604
Sgt Taz
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Considering this post, and that all 3 of mine arrived in soggy boxes with mold damage - anyone remember their FB post a couple months back with pics of a flooded factory and a note saying not to worry, all the statues were moved to a higher level in time?
From Sideshow or PCS?
Sgt Taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 02:39 AM   #4605
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
My Alpha has the plastic section visible at the front, all because Chun-Li's fabric has been fitted (stitched) incorrectly. I have contacted Sideshow about this (and the hand webbing) and so far, they have failed to get in touch, which is very unlike Sideshow?
Actually quite a bit like sideshow, lately they have been very late on their support times coinciding with their website crapping itself, and have officially changed their response times to 5-7 business days instead of 1-2. They're working out some issues I guess. I hear the chat has finally been restored if you want to try that.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 02:41 AM   #4606
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Taz View Post
From Sideshow or PCS?
I think I remember seeing PCS say this? Though P1 is having this issue as well so maybe a factory did some bamboozling ;p
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 05:35 AM   #4607
000hjs000
Doh!

Chun Li Alpha (Replacement)

Got my Chun Li (Alpha) replacement today. The first one had water and mold damage. This one is ok. Left hand looks like little flaws up close. Also this one has loose tips on the hair ribbon/hair ties. Does anyone else have the same problem?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Right hair tie.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	309.0 KB
ID:	121975   Click image for larger version

Name:	Left hair tie.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	315.8 KB
ID:	121976   Click image for larger version

Name:	Left hand.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	445.7 KB
ID:	121977   Click image for larger version

Name:	Chest.jpg
Views:	311
Size:	652.4 KB
ID:	121978   Click image for larger version

Name:	Feet.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	458.8 KB
ID:	121979  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Face.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	353.8 KB
ID:	121980   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rear.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	771.5 KB
ID:	121981   Click image for larger version

Name:	Chun Li.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	215.2 KB
ID:	121982  
000hjs000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 09:32 AM   #4608
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 000hjs000 View Post
Got my Chun Li (Alpha) replacement today. The first one had water and mold damage. This one is ok. Left hand looks like little flaws up close. Also this one has loose tips on the hair ribbon/hair ties. Does anyone else have the same problem?
To fix the frays cut the ends and quickly touch the ends to a lighter flame. If you do not like the flame idea you can always apply a tiny bit of super glue.
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 02:05 PM   #4609
Biggunz
Loki

Quote:
Well once again I'm the unlucky one. All 3 of mine have flaws. The worst thing is all 3 came in damp boxes, and the blue dress version has mold spots all over her, mainly on her legs under her stockings. The shipping boxes were dry, it's the illustrated boxes that had been exposed to moisture. They are damp (still, at this very minute!) and warped. My Battle Dress version has a huge clump/bump on her back that looks like a tumor, and her paint has weird streaks all over, which look to me like she may have had beads of moisture on her that someone wiped off and called good, even though it wasn't good. The Alpha was the best of the three, and almost acceptable. Only flaw there was the embroidery on the front of her vest in one part is very thin to where you can see the blue of her vest through it, and what yellow embroidery is there is loose and unraveling. Plus, she had shop dirt/dust all over her. I had to clean her off with a moist cloth. I could almost keep that one, but given the moist box, there could be a moldy disaster going on under her tights that I can't see, so she'll be going back with the other two.

The good news is the $$ I'll be getting back and space I'll be saving.

My overall impression of these, apart from the QC flaws, is they are just OK. Workmanship is so-so, and the fabrics should be nicer. The Battle Dress is especially cheap looking/feeling. These are at best a $599 - $699 piece, and that's IF you get one that looks like they put love into making it, from the stitching and tailoring to the paints. But, with the usual standard-issue half-assed job we're used to from the factories?...not even at $699 would I say these are acceptable.

I feel pretty stupid for giving these people a $700 two year interest free loan.
PCS got me before too with those 1/3 Ninjas. still have them sitting here looking at me, haunting me.
Wish i could of got my money back.
Glad your able to get your money back.

for that $700 loan too true. PCS has been thriving on that business scheme for a long time. There like THERANOS
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 02:34 PM   #4610
000hjs000
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecollector80 View Post
To fix the frays cut the ends and quickly touch the ends to a lighter flame. If you do not like the flame idea you can always apply a tiny bit of super glue.
Good to know, ill try the lighter flame method. Thanks
000hjs000 is offline   Reply With Quote