Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 02-08-2019, 07:37 AM   #1241
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screamingstang View Post
I just can't see this being in a higher level "price wise" than Thanos. He had a big base, as it was the chair...I can see the inflation increase thou, so another 100?

1700 is just plain crazy...Juggs ain't Thanos
As primarily an X-Men fan growing up, I had no idea that Thanos was so popular. In no way was I expecting that piece to sell as fast as it did, especially at that previously unheard price.
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 09:53 AM   #1242
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screamingstang View Post
I just can't see this being in a higher level "price wise" than Thanos. He had a big base, as it was the chair...I can see the inflation increase thou, so another 100?
youre familiar with the doomsday maquette correct?
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 10:00 AM   #1243
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
youre familiar with the doomsday maquette correct?
To be fair, that was only $50 more.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 10:05 AM   #1244
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
To be fair, that was only $50 more.
true but its still more - then factor in the standard price increase over the coarse of several months, more hype, supposedly larger... like i said, perfect storm
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 10:28 AM   #1245
adee
Green Arrow

The throne on Thanos was like an extra character. It's incredibly detailed. I don't think this one will be as much.

That said, at SS inflation rates who knows.

I'm expecting it to be around the same or less. If it's more it will be an auto pass for me.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 10:31 AM   #1246
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
true but its still more - then factor in the standard price increase over the coarse of several months, more hype, supposedly larger... like i said, perfect storm
And more popular, but like Adee said, the throne in itself was a second statue, so that could have counted for the high price for Thanos

Too lazy to check, but did OG Doom on the Throne cost more than the other PFs before it?
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 12:14 PM   #1247
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
The throne on Thanos was like an extra character. It's incredibly detailed. I don't think this one will be as much.

That said, at SS inflation rates who knows.

I'm expecting it to be around the same or less. If it's more it will be an auto pass for me.
They won’t raise the price in a big bulk rate. So if they only slowly add in 50.00 to the newer price you will pass? They figure they will ease you into the higher prices. Most will just pay the extra 50.00 to own it. They’re smart. They won’t jack prices up by 100s at a time except for Deadpool lol. Now we are all used to 700.00 a pf the sticker shock is slowly going away at 700.00. Next stop in due time 899.99 for a small size pf. This is becoming a hobby for the elite.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 12:30 PM   #1248
adee
Green Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
They won’t raise the price in a big bulk rate. So if they only slowly add in 50.00 to the newer price you will pass? They figure they will ease you into the higher prices. Most will just pay the extra 50.00 to own it. They’re smart. They won’t jack prices up by 100s at a time except for Deadpool lol. Now we are all used to 700.00 a pf the stocker shock is slowly going away at 700.00. Next stop in due time 899.99 for a small size pf. This is becoming a hobby for the elite.
If Juggernaut is 1300 yes I'll be passing. From what I've seen so far I don't think it's as impressive as Thanos.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 02:04 PM   #1249
TD980
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Maybe Sideshow will put Juggs on a huge and elaborate base, and tout it like Thanos’ throne. Then charge extra money for a “second statue” that’s really just a base.
TD980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 02:52 PM   #1250
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
As primarily an X-Men fan growing up, I had no idea that Thanos was so popular. In no way was I expecting that piece to sell as fast as it did, especially at that previously unheard price.
Ditto. I didn't even read Infinity Gauntlet until I was an adult and can't recall any other comic I had with Thanos in it. For me when it came to Marvel it was Spider-Man and X-Men first, and this was way before the 90's animated shows.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote