Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 10-24-2009, 01:11 PM   #1
hawkeyethearcher
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

strange bidders

i had a bid on an item and there are about 50 of the same items at the same price with free shipping. they end all the time and no one bids on them. they are all $15 starting bid. they end every few hours. someone actual outbid me instead of getting the one that ended just after mine. what the heck is wrong with people. its only 50 cents more but what is wrong with people. they just like to bid i guess
hawkeyethearcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 01:16 PM   #2
VinReaper
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Location: Out of my mind! Be back in 5 minutes! (+12517 to the Post Count)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyethearcher View Post
i had a bid on an item and there are about 50 of the same items at the same price with free shipping. they end all the time and no one bids on them. they are all $15 starting bid. they end every few hours. someone actual outbid me instead of getting the one that ended just after mine. what the heck is wrong with people. its only 50 cents more but what is wrong with people. they just like to bid i guess
I see it all the time! Just plain old stupidity and laziness! That's what I chalk it up to!

VR
VinReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 09:47 PM   #3
ratchet
Mandarin

It's happened to me all the time! Not to mention when you are bidding on something - you get outbid - and you see a few other auctions with lower starting prices
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 10:47 PM   #4
Sniper
Objectivo Bastardo

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratchet View Post
It's happened to me all the time! Not to mention when you are bidding on something - you get outbid - and you see a few other auctions with lower starting prices
drives me mad
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 11:42 PM   #5
Rocket
Art of Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyethearcher View Post
It's a program a sleazy seller can put on his ebay account. It's designed to push you to your maximum bid and then when you lose, the program recognizes your ID if you bid again on another of the same item from the same seller and it know exactly how to get the maximum out of you.

Drives me INSANE
Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 11:50 PM   #6
ratchet
Mandarin

I remember when having bid on an auction - it was for a lot of grey Hulk statues - it was $200 starting bid with a BIN for $350. I talked to the guy and said I was interested - he told me that it's been on ebay twice now with no bids...

I bid - but only put down $200 as my high bid. About an hour later I was outbid. No worries - I didn't bid again - but turns out I didn't have to - a few minutes after the bid was retracted. Hmmm... isn't that queer? I ended up taking the auction for $200.
Old 10-25-2009, 12:44 AM   #7
Rocket
Art of Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratchet View Post
I remember when having bid on an auction - it was for a lot of grey Hulk statues - it was $200 starting bid with a BIN for $350. I talked to the guy and said I was interested - he told me that it's been on ebay twice now with no bids...

I bid - but only put down $200 as my high bid. About an hour later I was outbid. No worries - I didn't bid again - but turns out I didn't have to - a few minutes after the bid was retracted. Hmmm... isn't that queer? I ended up taking the auction for $200.
You gotta watch em Ryan they will try anything

Congrats on not getting duped mate!
Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 11:30 PM   #8
Zombie
The unstoppable force has met the unmovable object

how do you retract a bid?
Zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 11:45 PM   #9
Black Cat
Thunderstrike

It's people being impatient and not wanting to wait for the next one
Black Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 12:06 AM   #10
ratchet
Mandarin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
how do you retract a bid?
You can do it - I had to do it once - ebay frowns upon it and you can't do it often - but there is a spot where you can retract it