Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 04-16-2021, 03:34 PM   #1
jasonsz1034
Fantastic Four

Licensed Image Comics statues

Since Image Comics is a creator-owned publisher, would a company have to strike deals with each individual property's creators to create a statue line of Image characters?

I'd love to get a licensed Spawn, Savage Dragon, Pitt, The Maxx, Invincible..
jasonsz1034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 04:27 PM   #2
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

That's a good question...I don't know. I know Spawn is owned by McFarlane and getting a license to produce him is probably a long shot. Your best chance is to find the old ones or wait for him to produce a new one. I know there's a Maxx and Pitt out there from years ago, but I'd love to see them put something new out.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 04:41 PM   #3
Drakul
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I've been waiting for a good cartoon/comic Spawn statue for so long
Drakul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 05:34 PM   #4
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonsz1034 View Post
Since Image Comics is a creator-owned publisher, would a company have to strike deals with each individual property's creators to create a statue line of Image characters?

I'd love to get a licensed Spawn, Savage Dragon, Pitt, The Maxx, Invincible..
yes, which is why youll probably never see anything

im working with ed bradley on a few customized statues of some of the characters you listed oddly enough, hes a big image fan as well. hes talked to some of the creators like erik larsen and sam kieth and they dont have any interest

mcfarlane could do it, he has his own company and a library of awesome characters people would eat up in statue form but he also has no interest and even less in letting another company make statues of his characters

lame
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 06:09 PM   #5
chronos1919
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakul View Post
I've been waiting for a good cartoon/comic Spawn statue for so long
You and me both.
chronos1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 06:41 PM   #6
jasonsz1034
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
mcfarlane could do it, he has his own company and a library of awesome characters people would eat up in statue form but he also has no interest and even less in letting another company make statues of his characters
It would probably take a McFarlane-level influence to get any of these creators onboard for releasing a collected statue line, and you're right, it'd probably only work through his own company. Most of these guys left Marvel to take more ownership of their creations. So even having some input into what a licensed, third-party could produce for them in a statue wouldn't be appealing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
im working with ed bradley on a few customized statues of some of the characters you listed oddly enough, hes a big image fan as well.
That sounds like an awesome project. Would love to hear how that comes along. There's gotta be a solid fanbase for these characters; people who grew up on Image Comics and now have the disposable income for high end statues of those characters.
jasonsz1034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 09:01 PM   #7
ruzzell
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

There have been statues from Witchblade and Aspen too. My favorites would be Gen13 and Stormwatch. I still have the femme fatales Atom Eve statue from Invincible which done by Diamond Select years ago
ruzzell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 09:19 PM   #8
jb518
The Herculoids

Clayburn Moore did licensed Pitt, Savage Dragon and The Maxx statues about 20 years ago. You should be able to find them on eBay for a reasonable price. They are a little small, about 1/6 scale, but still very nice.
jb518 is offline   Reply With Quote