Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 04-09-2021, 11:54 AM   #1
SDguy

With Fans! 1/4 scale Motoko Kusanagi

Really liking this piece, though, especially considering she's holding the gun, I think maybe I would have preferred at least the purple body suit (no jacket or boots though) as opposed to totally nude.

"And where does the newborn go from here? The net is vast and infinite."
From the popular anime film "Ghost in the Shell" comes a polystone figure of Motoko Kusanagi. The figure is based on the film's main visual illustration, and the production of the figure has been supervised by the film's animation supervisor Hiroyuki Okiura and color designer Kumiko Yusa.

The contrast between the soft, skin-like appearance of her artificial body's exterior and the hard internal structures exposed on her back and other areas is a sight to behold, even when viewed up close. The use of varied materials across the figure makes for a high-quality product that one could describe as an art piece. An A5 Certificate of Authenticity is included.

Product Details

Product Name: Motoko Kusanagi

Series: Ghost in the Shell

Manufacturer: With Fans!

Category: 1/4th Scale

Price: ¥107,800

Release Date: 2022/03

Specifications: Painted 1/4th scale polystone & polyurethane & PVC product with stand included. Approximately 275mm in height (including stand).

Sculptor: Nyaba

Paintwork: yasushi isawa(monolith)

3DCG Image: POLY-TOYS

Released by: BANDAI NAMCO ARTS

Distributed by: Good Smile Company

Not sure if bewbs are allowed, so just a couple pics

Here's the link: https://www.goodsmile.info/en/produc...+Kusanagi.html
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2ee7032e0a82d578488eaefa4d22067e.jpg
Views:	375
Size:	156.7 KB
ID:	138413   Click image for larger version

Name:	477a6e4f241579f139bd415721928040.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	124.2 KB
ID:	138414  
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 12:18 PM   #2
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Good find, very nice. Wish someone would throw together some pieces from Tank Police.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 02:44 PM   #3
Silas Loki
Jubilee

€870 !!!!!

I just finished cleaning my underwear from the shock of the Queen Studio Wonder Woman.......now this!?!

Hey, forget the boobs, for that price I need that girl to be fully anatomically correct in all areas......things look awfully smooth from the belly button downwards. If a company is gonna produce a naked sculpt AND charge €870 for 1/4 scale.....I want to see EVERYTHING.

Go big or go home.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 02:55 PM   #4
SDguy

Maybe Blizzard just putting out a $1100 statue numbed me to high pricing
Old 04-09-2021, 07:18 PM   #5
becakbagus
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Really liking this piece, though, especially considering she's holding the gun, I think maybe I would have preferred at least the purple body suit (no jacket or boots though) as opposed to totally nude.

"And where does the newborn go from here? The net is vast and infinite."
From the popular anime film "Ghost in the Shell" comes a polystone figure of Motoko Kusanagi. The figure is based on the film's main visual illustration, and the production of the figure has been supervised by the film's animation supervisor Hiroyuki Okiura and color designer Kumiko Yusa.

The contrast between the soft, skin-like appearance of her artificial body's exterior and the hard internal structures exposed on her back and other areas is a sight to behold, even when viewed up close. The use of varied materials across the figure makes for a high-quality product that one could describe as an art piece. An A5 Certificate of Authenticity is included.

Product Details

Product Name: Motoko Kusanagi

Series: Ghost in the Shell

Manufacturer: With Fans!

Category: 1/4th Scale

Price: ¥107,800

Release Date: 2022/03

Specifications: Painted 1/4th scale polystone & polyurethane & PVC product with stand included. Approximately 275mm in height (including stand).

Sculptor: Nyaba

Paintwork: yasushi isawa(monolith)

3DCG Image: POLY-TOYS

Released by: BANDAI NAMCO ARTS

Distributed by: Good Smile Company

Not sure if bewbs are allowed, so just a couple pics

Here's the link: https://www.goodsmile.info/en/produc...+Kusanagi.html
nice find, OP
becakbagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 08:04 PM   #6
qz33
Rescue

This looks amazing but I've been burned by Goodsmile's proto to production disparity before.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 08:15 PM   #7
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
This looks amazing but I've been burned by Goodsmile's proto to production disparity before.
If I am understanding the info provided though, isn't GS just the distributor? With Fans! (never heard of them) is the actual manufacturer.
Old 04-09-2021, 09:42 PM   #8
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
If I am understanding the info provided though, isn't GS just the distributor? With Fans! (never heard of them) is the actual manufacturer.
Ah okay yeah Max Factory's Berserk was my experience and was through Goodsmile. Never heard of With Fans! either though.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 09:45 PM   #9
Cmac
Mephisto

Quote:
I did some digging as I've wanted a real statue from this movie/show for a long time. Here is the description from GS's site:

BANDAI NAMCO Arts x GOOD SMILE COMPANY

"With Fans!" is a new series of products designed to create the goods that fans desire!

We are bringing together BANDAI NAMCO Arts's series and the artisans at Good Smile Company to make the dreams of fans all over the world come true!
Cmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 09:47 PM   #10
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmac View Post
I did some digging as I've wanted a real statue from this movie/show for a long time. Here is the description from GS's site:

BANDAI NAMCO Arts x GOOD SMILE COMPANY

"With Fans!" is a new series of products designed to create the goods that fans desire!

We are bringing together BANDAI NAMCO Arts's series and the artisans at Good Smile Company to make the dreams of fans all over the world come true!
LOL, I just looked this up about 30 seconds before you posted .... still a bit unclear on what it means/who is actually doing what. At the end of the day it's a lot of money on what seems like a new/first time venture.... I'm torn.