Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 07-16-2018, 07:55 PM   #1291
SkiLLessOne
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Submissive421 View Post
If it makes you feel any better, my boyfriend's lanyard got caught on Geralt's sword halt and broke it off. Geralt was on a side table and he walked behind him trying to get to the balcony to smoke a cigarette. He was intoxicated so he doesnt even remember. I was so mad. Luckily it's kinda hidden where the break is when I repair it. But it's still an expensive statue that I prefer not broken
Oh wow that's terrible. What's funny is due to this suddenly the new Undvik Geralt is appealing to me...
SkiLLessOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 10:32 PM   #1292
SkiLLessOne

So I was very lukewarm on the current Undvik Geralt they showed. I did a lot of looking at the pics up on SS and things seem...strange. For one, in multiple pictures the default head is appropriately looking somewhat down at an angle which is game accurate and gives the statue more character. But in others, particularly the side by side shot with the EX head it is positioned completely upright which gives the statue a very stiff appearance.

To make sure I wasnt going crazy I looked at a few more pics and you can used certain spots around the shoulders like the pauldron or hair placement to tell that whoever did the pics for the pre-order page did not slot the default head in entirely which results in the strange positioning from pic to pic.

At first I was like "no way they would make a mistake like that", but then I looked closely in some pics at the silver sword he has in hand and you can clearly see the sword itself wasnt slotted entirely in, you can see the actual peg thats meant to be inserted into the hand 100%.

So basically with that said the pics for the most part are not doing it justice and caused me to pretty much pass on it immediately but upon more inspection and giving it second thought I think there is just some laziness with the photos and in the ones where it is positioned correctly it looks a lot better.
Old 07-18-2018, 04:57 PM   #1293
OhHaiMark
Justice League

Spotted the new Yen in the background of NearMint's SDCC pictures, hopefully we get some good close ups.
OhHaiMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 05:03 PM   #1294
SkiLLessOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhHaiMark View Post
Spotted the new Yen in the background of NearMint's SDCC pictures, hopefully we get some good close ups.
I am super anxious to see the new Yen and Geralt next to eachother out in the wild. I think together they will look outstanding.
Old 07-18-2018, 06:04 PM   #1295
RadAsGhoul
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Theres rsvp for Yenn, hoping for more pics soon...
RadAsGhoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 06:19 PM   #1296
SkiLLessOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadAsGhoul View Post
Theres rsvp for Yenn, hoping for more pics soon...
I want both the new Geralt and Yen but man the ETA on Geralt alone is almost 2 years away, kinda sucks the excitement out of pre-ordering them realizing I might be dead by time they come out.
Old 07-19-2018, 02:40 AM   #1297
Rena Gilthoniel
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhHaiMark View Post
do you have the link to the pictures?
Rena Gilthoniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 03:06 AM   #1298
COI

Check out the picture thread in the Sideshow section. There are pics of Geralt and Yen.
COI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 03:50 AM   #1299
Gekon
Blue Falcon

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/blog/see...18-booth-tour/
Somewhere in the middle of page there are Geralt and Yen.
Yen looks great. Geralt portrait looks great (probably better than original, but it's proto, lets wait for production piece), armor is very detailed but he seems too bulky, pose is ok but could be slightly more dynamic. And the Igni without light feature looks kinda blend. Hope that pictures and videos from SDCC would change my mind but nope. Still on the fence cause my wife likes the second one better (cause of simply and not bloody base), and i like first one.
Gekon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 04:22 AM   #1300
SkiLLessOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gekon View Post
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/blog/see...18-booth-tour/
Somewhere in the middle of page there are Geralt and Yen.
Yen looks great. Geralt portrait looks great (probably better than original, but it's proto, lets wait for production piece), armor is very detailed but he seems too bulky, pose is ok but could be slightly more dynamic. And the Igni without light feature looks kinda blend. Hope that pictures and videos from SDCC would change my mind but nope. Still on the fence cause my wife likes the second one better (cause of simply and not bloody base), and i like first one.
I own the first one and still hold it in high regard. Things that bother me about the first is the teeth showing in the main head sculpt which just looks odd at certain angles, and the fact that he has his carving knife along with his sword which is inaccurate. When they first showed the new one I was really sour on it but after seeing a lot more pics I think im starting to really love it.

Some of the pre-order pics show the default head almost sitting perfectly upright and I did a lot of comparisons but it seems the head wasnt seated all the way in most pics. You can confirm this by looking where the hair thats flowing down his right side and how it doesnt line up in certain shots. Anyways after looking at P1 youtube video of it next to Yen I knew I had to have both without a doubt.

Plus the monster on the first does take up most of the real estate so it'll be nice to actually have a 23" Geralt statue vs half of it being a monster I have zero ties to.

PS-Plus I wouldnt worry about their QC, they are typically top notch.