Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 06-23-2015, 08:37 PM   #101
Lawnknome
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
that's a first that I've seen anyone taking orders so soon when they have no clue how many they will be able to get this early in development.
I think by "sold out" it means the contact has enough people on the list that they dont want to put anymore on in case they cant get more.
Lawnknome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 08:53 PM   #102
Peedi
The Secret Six

And I see how badly it bothers you so do yourself a favor and block me now. We can disagree, that's fine on a public forum but as long as I'm obeying forum rules I'm gonna say what I want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smbdyfnkillme View Post

Here we go with the "I know more about comics than you" guy. Always one in every thread.

I know exactly why they went with that base and I still think it's too busy. If they are going to go with the clock base, at least have much more of Brock visible underneath the Venom costume. Maybe a swap out head that has half of Brock's face showing. Or a swap out top half of the body like Black Widow to show more skin.

We'll have to wait for the final piece, because I can't see how a version that looks like this initial picture will show up to collector's houses in one piece.
Btw it might not matter but I agree with the half Brock switch out. I'd like if they did that.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 08:53 PM   #103
AlbertR213
Sailor Moon

Yup! Sure is.

That thing looks huge...I would need to get a table just for him. He looks crazy but you already know which one's my favorite

Seeing the attention to detail that XM puts out on their statues I can't miss out on their interpretation of my favorite character...I would be kicking myself if I did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
That's the beauty of art.
AlbertR213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 09:56 PM   #104
Smbdyfnkillme
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
And I see how badly it bothers you so do yourself a favor and block me now. We can disagree, that's fine on a public forum but as long as I'm obeying forum rules I'm gonna say what I want.

Btw it might not matter but I agree with the half Brock switch out. I'd like if they did that.
And I'll keep disagreeing with "I know more than you" people like you.

You, apparently, just want to insult half the board and then get upset when called out on it. You're not the only one that read the comic.
Smbdyfnkillme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 10:01 PM   #105
Peedi
The Secret Six

Good job sir.

And I don't want to take up anymore space with this nonsense so please just block me and have the last word, here you go:

Apologies to anybody else who felt I insulted them like he said I did, although nobody else has complained about it. I'm going to say what I want and speak on what I observe on a forum designed to discuss but it's never my intention to insult anybody.

I'M DONE.
Old 06-23-2015, 10:07 PM   #106
Smbdyfnkillme
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.
Adamantium Plus Member

Hilarious. You should have thicker skin on a message board. Nobody is upset or will care about this.
Smbdyfnkillme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 11:14 PM   #107
StringKeyRhythm
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Hmm.. I wonder what kind of approach XM will take regarding highlighting and shading venom. I'm kind of hoping they go down the blue and black route.
StringKeyRhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 02:20 AM   #108
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertR213 View Post
Yup! Sure is.

That thing looks huge...I would need to get a table just for him. He looks crazy but you already know which one's my favorite

Seeing the attention to detail that XM puts out on their statues I can't miss out on their interpretation of my favorite character...I would be kicking myself if I did.
Yeah it was huge. The base took up a whole coffee table. That was the only negative of that piece...but it needed it for the wide leg positioning. But the sculpt itself was absolute brilliance. There are some videos on youtube if you want to see how big it is.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 06:39 AM   #109
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
Yeah it was huge. The base took up a whole coffee table. That was the only negative of that piece...but it needed it for the wide leg positioning. But the sculpt itself was absolute brilliance. There are some videos on youtube if you want to see how big it is.
Love the size on that one. Eddie Venom should be clearly larger than Spidey and that custom nailed that where SS didn't get their comparative sizings down across the 3.
Old 06-24-2015, 07:51 AM   #110
k-9
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

k-9 is offline   Reply With Quote