Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 12-16-2018, 11:18 AM   #201
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Now PLEASE Pre-order our $1350 T -Rex statue....

Honestly it looks like a paint job from like 10 years ago when you look at older,bad Sideshow pieces...

This is a $400 piece. A $400 piece that's painted much much worse than a $100 Koto ArtFX+ Piece.

The fact that Chronicle thought this was OK and signed off on this, really makes it clear to me that i will never PO from them...
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 11:36 AM   #202
Airnoname
Frackin!

Never learn from Breakout it seem, and I think this is worse than Breakout.

Again, it takes some guts to release the product like this.

The lower end company did postpone their TRex for a few months and improve their product a lot (Itoys Trex) but CC choose to do nothing.

I will get this Blue&Owen repaint soon. Have a couple people who can do excellent jobs on Blue but not sure how much we can do to improve Owen. Anyway, repaint should not be required on $400 piece.
Airnoname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 10:05 PM   #203
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
Now PLEASE Pre-order our $1350 T -Rex statue....

Honestly it looks like a paint job from like 10 years ago when you look at older,bad Sideshow pieces...

This is a $400 piece. A $400 piece that's painted much much worse than a $100 Koto ArtFX+ Piece.

The fact that Chronicle thought this was OK and signed off on this, really makes it clear to me that i will never PO from them...
Not sure they did sign off on it, they have been getting decent samples, then the actual products look like this. It's why they have a guy going over there now to prevent this BS by the factories.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 12:41 AM   #204
SkiaEsh
Fantastic Four

Regardless of whether they signed off on it or not, it is CC's responsible to make sure the factories are doing the paint job correctly. I am beginning to think CC's issue with QC is primarily due to lack of close supervision.
SkiaEsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 01:00 PM   #205
Chrisrex82
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
Not sure they did sign off on it, they have been getting decent samples, then the actual products look like this. It's why they have a guy going over there now to prevent this BS by the factories.
Yeah I'm calling BS on that, this isn't the first piece that has come in with a low quality paint app, the Breakout Rex was what 2, 3 years ago now? That's plenty of time to course correct. It's more likely that CC doesn't want to pay higher costs for quality paint app because it would cut into their profit and because they have been the only game in town (until recently) and because enough people still buy the product, they have no incentive to invest more in QC.

And as for the factory, if CC is having these painted by Toynmai it's not the same group of painters who work on the ECC pieces, Toynami charges companies more to use higher skilled painters, CC uses the "it's done at Toynami" to sell the idea that because that company is also the factory for ECC their pieces are comparable in quality (which they aren't).
Chrisrex82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 03:53 PM   #206
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

funny thing is, I'm pretty sure CC has read all of this complains in the forum and haven't said a word to explain or apologize.
tamaboy311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 08:02 PM   #207
john.van
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaboy311 View Post
funny thing is, I'm pretty sure CC has read all of this complains in the forum and haven't said a word to explain or apologize.
Paul and Robert are on vacation with no internet connection.
john.van is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 09:41 PM   #208
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisrex82 View Post
Yeah I'm calling BS on that, this isn't the first piece that has come in with a low quality paint app, the Breakout Rex was what 2, 3 years ago now? That's plenty of time to course correct. It's more likely that CC doesn't want to pay higher costs for quality paint app because it would cut into their profit and because they have been the only game in town (until recently) and because enough people still buy the product, they have no incentive to invest more in QC.

And as for the factory, if CC is having these painted by Toynmai it's not the same group of painters who work on the ECC pieces, Toynami charges companies more to use higher skilled painters, CC uses the "it's done at Toynami" to sell the idea that because that company is also the factory for ECC their pieces are comparable in quality (which they aren't).
Sure, you can believe whatever you want. They already explained they weren't using ECC factory for these cheaper pieces, but the Endo and 1/5 Rex will be made there before they cut ties completely apparently due to these types of lapses from their "other" factories.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 10:56 PM   #209
Airnoname
Frackin!

Whatever reasons or factories is not what I concern, most things I care is my Blue&Owen turn out like this and I have to pay for repaint to make it looks better.
Breakout Rex came out a while back turn out to be not great, they have plenty of time to correct Blue&Owen no matter what reasons they provide they can’t.

CC should stand on their product and keep their reputation by make things right before release it. I admitted I really dissapoint.

I preordered one lower end T-Rex, cost me around 60 USD. After a few leak pictures and the first batch release with really bad feedback and spark the concern over their customers, the company recall all their product(even a few still left out in the market), improve them and postpone the release date for several months. Results are much better, even if not perfect but I’m content.

Example first release:

And improved one

But CC choose to release Blue+Owen like this. Expect better from them. Should do the same to keep their reputation and customer’s trust even if it will cost them to correct thing.

Now, I’m glad I didn't order Rotunda and wait for P1. Even if CC’s Rotunda turn out great but how can I trust it will turn out great? Too risky for 1350 usd.

Anyway, Sorry for complaining. I think I should stop now. Will post update when my Blue&Owen was repainted. Hopefully not cost me much and make this piece looks OK.
Airnoname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 09:14 AM   #210
Phil the sixth
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
Sure, you can believe whatever you want. They already explained they weren't using ECC factory for these cheaper pieces, but the Endo and 1/5 Rex will be made there before they cut ties completely apparently due to these types of lapses from their "other" factories.
I have always been under the impression that all of CC's stuff was manufactured in the Toynami factories.
Except for the 1/4 endo of course which was a' misstake' Paul would never repeat again.
Paul was so proud of his Toynami adventure from day 1 and it was actually one of CC's main selling points!
I wasn't aware 'officially' that some of their pieces were manufactured in other factories.My suspicions turned out to be valid afterall.
That's another reason for me why I will never pre-order their stuff again cause frankly,their dino pieces are HCG statue level quality.The lowest quality the hobby has to offer.But then at very steep prices!Unbelievable.
Phil the sixth is offline   Reply With Quote