Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 02-18-2018, 01:43 PM   #171
dmoff
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparda View Post
I didn't say they lost it. However, they've been having some discusions with SSC, which has 'troubled' their relationship. As a result, they had to delay their new52 pieces for instance and the marvel deal is far from a done deal as we speak. So only time will tell if their relationship recovers.
Oh well if thats true then thanks to SSC for spoiling Deathstroke for everyone - again!
dmoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 03:01 PM   #172
SONICobra
Batman

damn that sucks balls...
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 03:05 PM   #173
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Dammit! I hope that news isn't true. Why oh why does SS get to rule the NA world?!
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 03:13 PM   #174
sparda
The Avengers

What I know for a fact is that SSC forced P1 to delay the PO on both their New52 WW and Batman, as to allow them to first introduce and sell their PF's.

What I've heard as well is that SSC was far from happy that P1 decided to do a Venom (compared to a spidey2099 who is far more obscure). Also setting up their own webshop, with sporadic extra EX inclusions that you can only get via P1 hasn't helped... So now all we can do is wait and see if they can get things back on track.
sparda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 03:19 PM   #175
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

I bet SS was pissed that P1 put their Swamp Thing up before theirs. This must also be the reason we haven't seen any more of P1's 1:4 Captain America.

I don't like this monopolistic attitude from Sideshow.
majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 03:23 PM   #176
SONICobra
Batman

my hopes for a prime1 thor are dwindling...
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 03:33 PM   #177
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
I bet SS was pissed that P1 put their Swamp Thing up before theirs. This must also be the reason we haven't seen any more of P1's 1:4 Captain America.

I don't like this monopolistic attitude from Sideshow.
I really don't think it works like that with the P1 and SS relationship, people seem to think it's a rivalry and it isn't its a partnership.

They promote Prime 1 stuff on their Live feeds I've only seen them do that with Iron Studios Vader once and of course Hot Toys but with P1 they have shown multiple pieces even Eva 1.

My Prime 1 pieces have always come in shippers that are from Sideshow too. I'm sure it's all worked out behind the scenes.

Sideshow benefits as much as Prime 1 do.

I'm happy to be able to get these pieces direct from Sideshow and put them on 10 month flexipay is a godsend.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 03:43 PM   #178
Guilty
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparda View Post
What I know for a fact is that SSC forced P1 to delay the PO on both their New52 WW and Batman, as to allow them to first introduce and sell their PF's.

What I've heard as well is that SSC was far from happy that P1 decided to do a Venom (compared to a spidey2099 who is far more obscure). Also setting up their own webshop, with sporadic extra EX inclusions that you can only get via P1 hasn't helped... So now all we can do is wait and see if they can get things back on track.
Your info is off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
Where is Fist of the North Star, Gantz, Ghost in the Shell, Full metal Alchemist, Lord of the Rings, Predator, Studio Ghibli, Keaton Bats, Cobra Commander, Captain America, Zatanna.

These questions get asked often for everything. Breaking it down from what has been said in the Facebook group

- Captain America > Anything Marvel is on hold

- Lord of the Rings > Already stated that it wasn't coming anytime soon. They are making sure it is done right.

- Fist of the North Star > They just recently showed a teaser for it. It was stated that they spent plenty of time deciding on the face with the creator.

- Full Metal Alchemist > Same as Fist of the North Star.

- Keaton Bats > Stated that this will be a long wait. This one is hard with approvals.

- Predator > Similar to Lord of the Rings. Taking time for perfection and already stated that it wasn't coming quick.

The rest like Studio Ghibli, Gantz, Cobra Commander, and Zatanna just need time. Personally, I'm nervous about that G.I. Joe line.
Guilty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 03:47 PM   #179
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilty View Post
Your info is off.
Fake news ?
majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 03:49 PM   #180
qz33
Doctor Doom

I think the time is here to realize that Prime1 may have announced more than it can chew.
Announcements and licenses are the easier part of this industry.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote