Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 03-01-2018, 11:58 AM   #1171
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
out for delivery... i will report back tonight if the revised packaging had any effect
Best of luck man. Fingers crossed for ya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FROBAY View Post
Still waiting for tracking on my AP’s
Still waiting on tracking for my replacement head, but at least they contacted me to say they’re coming.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 01:27 PM   #1172
Mister H
Gen 13

Can’t believe you guys are still waiting. You’ll love him. One of the top two movie statues IMO.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 02:17 PM   #1173
Remember Me?
Hellfire Club

I should get mine today. Funny thing is that I got the shipping notice last Monday and it didn't really ship until this Tuesday.
Remember Me? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 10:04 AM   #1174
Python
Omega Red

Still waiting for mine to ship.... Unless it already has shipped without warning again.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 02:08 PM   #1175
Chewit
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Apparently my AP has now shipped (almost 2 weeks ago got notice) but the package us yet to leave the US. I've waited this long I guess, can't wait to get it though.
Chewit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 05:31 AM   #1176
Python
Omega Red

I messaged them in case they had forgotten me. They have a high volume of items shipping and hope to have all of these out by mid next week.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 04:11 PM   #1177
SONICobra
Batman

I paid for this in full almost two years ago and it was worth it.... AMAZING PIECE!!!! a personal grail of mine, I never thought I would have an urban dredd let alone a 1/4 scale statue and one that captures the essence of dredd so well. thank you jerry and pcs team for making this happen!

- likeness and skin tones are better than I was expecting, much better in person
- happy to report no breakages and portraits were firmly secured in their cut outs
- the sculpt is nuts, I was straight up just looking at it for like an hour last night looks like a movie still

I cant believe this wasn't more popular but I guess its just like the movie itself a hidden gem
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 04:20 PM   #1178
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Congrats! Glad to hear yours arrived intact and you’re as pleased as you are with it.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 12:59 PM   #1179
Bmutha
I like to make what's yours mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
I paid for this in full almost two years ago and it was worth it.... AMAZING PIECE!!!! a personal grail of mine, I never thought I would have an urban dredd let alone a 1/4 scale statue and one that captures the essence of dredd so well. thank you jerry and pcs team for making this happen!

- likeness and skin tones are better than I was expecting, much better in person
- happy to report no breakages and portraits were firmly secured in their cut outs
- the sculpt is nuts, I was straight up just looking at it for like an hour last night looks like a movie still

I cant believe this wasn't more popular but I guess its just like the movie itself a hidden gem
Wow, you're lucky.

I received a complete replacement from the new batch that supposedly had improved packaging...and the head was still loose and rattling around when I opened it up. They literally did nothing to correct the issue...seriously, a piece of tape over the opening solves the problem, but they couldn't even do that.

Luckily, they screwed up again and sent me two comic portraits in my replacement and the other one was ok...so between my original (which had a damaged body and damaged comic head, but an undamaged movie portrait) and the replacement, I was able to piece together an undamaged complete statue...out of pure luck and apparent incompetence, I thankfully have a complete piece now.

It's a decent piece. Sculpt is there, likeness is there. But, compared to what most other companies are able to produce, the paint on this is flat out below average, especially the faces, IMO.
Bmutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 06:56 PM   #1180
SONICobra
Batman

well im glad to hear you were able to assemble a good statue regardless of the damage issues. the portraits in my box were wrapped in paper and plastic, wedged into cut outs (was a little difficult to get them out) then a piece of Styrofoam was placed on top of that to seal them off. weird that yours wasn't like this
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote