Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 07-30-2011, 12:17 PM   #291
Arahom Radjah
ARH Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remember Me? View Post
This might be a stupid question, but I think a lot of companies are doing this to save money...is the inside of the statue hollow? For the AP, is the resin going to be better quality?
Saving money for the customers!

Can you imagine how much you would pay for shipping if this piece was twice as heavy, or more?

Just think... It already weights 56lbs!

Most of you have a TOTALLY wrong impression about it. Just because a statue is solid vs hollow doesn't mean it is less quality!

ALL real bronze statues are hollow like an egg shell, and people pay thousands of dollars for it!

Heavy = Better is only in a very narrow minded view!
Arahom Radjah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 12:19 PM   #292
fderado
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Thanks Arahom...would you know what the shipping cost will be like to NZ?...I am already considering cancelling some pre-orders that I have in order to afford this because I really like this statue. Hopefully I can email you in a couple of days for a confirmed spot on the AP list of 30.
fderado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 12:19 PM   #293
Arahom Radjah
ARH Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freon View Post
Ditto, I'm out. I was really surprised to see people saying they'd throw $500 at this before the price was even announced.
As I said before this piece isn't for everybody.
Old 07-30-2011, 12:20 PM   #294
Arahom Radjah
ARH Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by fderado View Post
Thanks Arahom...would you know what the shipping cost will be like?...I am already considering cancelling some pre-orders that I have in order to afford this because I really like this statue. Hopefully I can email you in a couple of days for confirmed spot on the AP list of 30.
I will have the exact cost for you probably tonight. I'm only waiting for my factory confirmation on the cost.

Sorry but quoting prices like this takes a bit of time!
Old 07-30-2011, 01:12 PM   #295
harley49
Kindly Asked To Leave

hi guys i am a big spartan/leo fan i had two ht leos which i sold imo they were like barbie dolls to the arh and ss pf now to talk about price of medusa 600$ one of these barbie dolls leo just sold on ebay for 510$ so imo 600$ is a BARGAIN FOR MEDUSA IMO
harley49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 01:34 PM   #296
Arahom Radjah
ARH Studios

Partnership with Sideshow has brought many advantages for ARH Studios. Better distribution system, Flex Pay, better advertisement, increase in quality since to reach Sideshow’s standards we had to switch to a higher quality factory, just to name a few, but it all doesn’t come without a cost, and if we just think a little bit about it, we can pretty much come to the conclusion that the cost of the statue now also includes a percentage that goes to Sideshow in exchange for all they are providing....

Isn’t it obvious that prices would go a little higher?! Isn’t that obvious that we do not produce 2000 plus of the same statue like most statue companies?? Isn’t that obvious that we have to dilute all our costs in just a couple of hundred statues, and because now our cost is even higher, our profit margin is much lower?

Well.... I know some of you guys got really frustrated with the pricing over your expectations, but this hobby is an expensive hobby, and we had to make a decision. We could keep producing 1/7th scale tiny statues with a lower quality and charge a hundred bucks, or we could produce what we are producing now!

I believe the option we chose is the best, both to ARH and to our customers!
Old 07-30-2011, 01:43 PM   #297
Arahom Radjah
ARH Studios

We pre-ordered Thor AP for $500, and this Medusa is much bigger than Thor, more complex and much more complicated to reproduce. It is so complicated that I cannot reproduce it in my studio and had to make the AP at the factory in China.

So if Thor AP sold out in a few hours for $500, how come now a $600 Medusa suddenly became so outrageous? I kept the price as low as I could to make it a saleable piece. This piece will probably have a limited edition of 300 or so!

I’m sure it will easily go over $1000 really fast once it’s sold out! And believe me, it will sell out fast!
Old 07-30-2011, 02:09 PM   #298
harley49
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arahom Radjah View Post
We pre-ordered Thor AP for $500, and this Medusa is much bigger than Thor, more complex and much more complicated to reproduce. It is so complicated that I cannot reproduce it in my studio and had to make the AP at the factory in China.

So if Thor AP sold out in a few hours for $500, how come now a $600 Medusa suddenly became so outrageous? I kept the price as low as I could to make it a saleable piece. This piece will probably have a limited edition of 300 or so!

I’m sure it will easily go over $1000 really fast once it’s sold out! And believe me, it will sell out fast!
harley49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 02:10 PM   #299
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Wow her dimensions are huge. She is almost as tall as Thor PF (minus 2") and wider then the height of Hulk PF by 2".

Does the AP come with the art box?

I'm also not clear on the pre-sale. It's on sale at ARH website on August 3rd but why do we need to email the hotmail on Medusa? I would think once your website is sold-out you that other email is irrelevant?

How much will it cost to ship it to Canada via Fedex? Is it still $50...would u guys declare it at a lesser value also like ARH does with his previous APs?
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 02:57 PM   #300
jye318
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arahom Radjah View Post

Um.... Are you sure the value of this statue will go up? It's not hard to see that Arh statues value, at least from eBay , there Is not a lot of them, and you said when this sold out it will cost $1000?? How much is Thor cost now? Its sold out now. I really care about the value of collection, if this does worse more, I will buy it for sure....
jye318 is offline   Reply With Quote