Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 02-19-2019, 12:22 PM   #901
VinnyCap
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I was browsing to see what this comic series was about and came across this cover which seems to be where Bel drew inspiration for the pose.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/thor-...i/4000-428300/
VinnyCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 12:35 PM   #902
nearmint
Phoenix

Sure seems like we're going to get our 14 day notices this week.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 12:49 PM   #903
bdlovelace
Hellfire Club

Man, this PF came out super fast! Like only 7 months! Perhaps shorter lead times in the future will indicate that SS has increased its production capacity in China. I certainly hope so because I DO NOT have the patience of Job. Waiting 2 to 4 years for statues is ostentatiously immoral.
bdlovelace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 01:50 PM   #904
tarim69
Sailor Moon

I havent read a Thor comic book in 30 + years.
May check these out.

Are Vol 1 and 2 all thats needed? Theres also a vols 3 and 4.... I see a complete collection due in May.
tarim69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 02:42 PM   #905
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdlovelace View Post
Waiting 2 to 4 years for statues is ostentatiously immoral.
Time frames like that don't tend to be a SS thing though, they don't really reveal pieces that are early in the planning process very often. Where as P1 and XM post REALLY early on that they're planning to do something, hence the forever wait begins because you know they're planning it yet it's still like a year or more away before a prototype is even shown. Take the Hush line for example. The first post in the Batman Hush thread regarding the tease of the line was made in September of 2016. 2016.

With Sideshow, it seems like around a year and a half from you knowing it exists to having it in your hands isn't all that uncommon. Not saying earlier or later situations don't exist because they obviously do, I'm just saying they don't reveal what they're planning anywhere near as early as the others tend to.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 02:44 PM   #906
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarim69 View Post
Are Vol 1 and 2 all thats needed? Theres also a vols 3 and 4.... I see a complete collection due in May.
they are also awesome but not as strong as 1 & 2 imo
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 03:15 PM   #907
bdlovelace
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
Time frames like that don't tend to be a SS thing though, they don't really reveal pieces that are early in the planning process very often. Where as P1 and XM post REALLY early on that they're planning to do something, hence the forever wait begins because you know they're planning it yet it's still like a year or more away before a prototype is even shown. Take the Hush line for example. The first post in the Batman Hush thread regarding the tease of the line was made in September of 2016. 2016.

With Sideshow, it seems like around a year and a half from you knowing it exists to having it in your hands isn't all that uncommon. Not saying earlier or later situations don't exist because they obviously do, I'm just saying they don't reveal what they're planning anywhere near as early as the others tend to.
Yes, you are absolutely right. I actually meant to mention Prime1 in my post as I was mentally comparing how fast THOR came out versus the standard lead time for Prime1, which is at least two years. I should have clarified because Sideshows lead times are typically much shorter (12 months to, at the most, 18 months).
bdlovelace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 03:27 PM   #908
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

I’m still shocked I have Miles Morales in hand a soon to have Thor. Super fast and unexpected
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 04:19 PM   #909
tarim69
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
Thanks. Ordered.
tarim69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 05:41 PM   #910
savage.CAP
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
Couldn’t agree more yet again. First two vol. tell the full story of what you want to see. Column 3/4 try to get it back to “prototypical Thor” before another writer came on.

The first two volumes of this run are so good ! Can’t say it enough. It’s like some seriously old school theatre/Shakespeare kind of writing going on.
savage.CAP is online now   Reply With Quote