Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 02-16-2016, 12:12 AM   #1001
Wah
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdlovelace View Post
I guess this is what the PFF will be based on?

only if the statue actually really resembled artgerm's design, then i would be a lot more ecstatic.
Wah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 12:17 AM   #1002
Wah
Shadowhawk

exactly ..2 portraits!
Wah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 03:18 PM   #1003
gomur
The Tick

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdlovelace View Post
I guess this is what the PFF will be based on?

Wishful thinking. Artgerm illustrated Supergirl after the fact, when the statue was already revealed. He gave a different spin on Supergirl's hand, probably at SS's request when they knew they'd have to tweak it.

Whether or not SS can now make the statue portrait resemble Stanley Lau's art with a whole new set of paints.... man, I don't know. I'm very doubtful.

There should've been two portraits given to SG like the PG statue. Hair up and hair down. But that new portrait will probably be reserved for a Dark SG variant.

That Artgerm is insanely talented tho. Damn!
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 08:32 PM   #1004
Comicbookguy
Hercules

For the new price increases seems like we are getting less and less. Before we would get a brand new extra portrait but now they mostly use the same mold for the face and just add in some new hair to save labor and materials. Sad
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 08:52 PM   #1005
nexus
Young Justice
Adamantium Plus Member

I'm amazed that SS would show this print and release the statue with the portrait they're planning. They really need to resculpt the portrait to match the print and offer a second with the hair down.
nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 09:10 PM   #1006
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexus View Post
I'm amazed that SS would show this print and release the statue with the portrait they're planning. They really need to resculpt the portrait to match the print and offer a second with the hair down.
If they did I would want it so bad. Even with a massive amount of fans complaining they just don't care enough to listen to the fans/ buyers unlike prime 1, pcs, and Xm. In a way im glad there's more competition coming out each week otherwise I would also have to suck it up and just buy only ss because of less options. Now we at least have the option to choose what we want. Since there's no good SG yet. It's ok... Someone will do another in due time. I'm betting I will like it more than the ss version shown here. So much potential in the ss version but they just won't tweak it to what fans are saying and throw in two portraits. They sure won't lose out on the higher prices. It's so easy for them to make this into such a great sculpt. Throw in a new fan request hair down portrait and have fans drooling over it and buy it up fast. Now is it really that hard to figure out? that's why i keep saying I need to be hired to do it myself. As a collector myself I know what fans need and want. As long as they don't ask me too much about comics then I'm all in.
Old 02-16-2016, 09:10 PM   #1007
danteipp
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexus View Post
That makes two of us. Not sure how you can have such a material difference between the face on the print versus the proposed statue. They look nothing alike when they should be companion pieces.
danteipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 09:40 PM   #1008
Agoniste111
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
If they did I would want it so bad. Even with a massive amount of fans complaining they just don't care enough to listen to the fans/ buyers unlike prime 1, pcs, and Xm. In a way im glad there's more competition coming out each week otherwise I would also have to suck it up and just buy only ss because of less options. Now we at least have the option to choose what we want. Since there's no good SG yet. It's ok... Someone will do another in due time. I'm betting I will like it more than the ss version shown here. So much potential in the ss version but they just won't tweak it to what fans are saying and throw in two portraits. They sure won't lose out on the higher prices. It's so easy for them to make this into such a great sculpt. Throw in a new fan request hair down portrait and have fans drooling over it and buy it up fast. Now is it really that hard to figure out? that's why i keep saying I need to be hired to do it myself. As a collector myself I know what fans need and want. As long as they don't ask me too much about comics then I'm all in.

We haven't officially seen the statue yet, things can change and SideshowAlex is sometimes wrong.
Anywho, Jerry from PCS said that the price requested by factories increased overall because a company that makes "prime" quality products is paying an extra or something like that.
I suggest you to go read the "State of Collectibles "Thread Jerry started
Agoniste111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 02:30 AM   #1009
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agoniste111 View Post
We haven't officially seen the statue yet, things can change and SideshowAlex is sometimes wrong.
Anywho, Jerry from PCS said that the price requested by factories increased overall because a company that makes "prime" quality products is paying an extra or something like that.
I suggest you to go read the "State of Collectibles "Thread Jerry started
Good post! I did read it but don't quite get it. So a company is paying more for qc is that correct? Isn't that good to improve overall qc? Or is there something I'm getting wrong? So is prices going up because a certain company is paying for better qc?
Old 02-17-2016, 08:56 AM   #1010
BurningRage
Inhumans

Probably $500 for this.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote