Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 09-01-2016, 12:03 AM   #41
AlizAbef
What's another word for Thesaurus?

I think it's safe to say the line is over. GG didn't show anything at the Con, and I'm pretty sure they canceled that Morgan Jones mini-bust, because I can't find it listed anymore and it was due out this September. From what I hear, the AMC series is gonna keep on going but I wonder if GG is gonna give up the license or camp it.
AlizAbef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 06:50 AM   #42
siren3-4
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlizAbef View Post
Aww man, I can't believe Siren has no other info other than a group shot. I'd also like to see a decent picture of Rick's face. I'd also like to know the total edition size. I didn't realize Glenn was taller than the rest of them, because on screen, he looks shorter.

So I wonder if Rick Grimes will be the last we see of TWD from these guys. They didn't really show anything TWD at the Con (unless I missed something). It sucks because Carol should've been another one that was made. Very surprised she wasn't done.
Sorry about that, here is a few I have on my phone.

siren3-4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 06:53 AM   #43
siren3-4
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
I think it's safe to say the line is over. GG didn't show anything at the Con, and I'm pretty sure they canceled that Morgan Jones mini-bust, because I can't find it listed anymore and it was due out this September. From what I hear, the AMC series is gonna keep on going but I wonder if GG is gonna give up the license or camp it.
Yeah, my order for the Morgan bust was cancelled.

I really wanted a Carol and Carl 1:4 scale. At least a Carol mini bust with swap out "wolf killer" head.
siren3-4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 07:58 AM   #44
FastballSpecial
Teen Titans

Thanks for the pics! What is his ES ? I know most of these WD statues have had fairly low ones.
FastballSpecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 06:11 PM   #45
htx87
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
I really hope that doesn't happen. There are a few more characters GG could start developing. For example, Carol or Morgan. If this is the end, then im glad I will own three out of the 1/4 scale line.
htx87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 07:27 PM   #46
AlizAbef

Siren thank you for the pics, dude. I think he came out awesome. The face looks just like him. Gonna have to get him, and yeah, if in fact the line is done, Grimes will be my last one to complete the trio that I originally wanted which were Rick, Maggie, and Michonne. I really wanted to like and buy Daryl and Glenn, but I just couldn't get over their face sculpts. I really like the face sculpt on the Daryl and the Wolves piece though. I still say Carol, and yes, Carl (Coral), should've been made. They're recurring characters. It's not like they lasted one or two seasons. If the show continues on it's popular course (which I know it will) and if Gentle Giant decides to camp the license, then I really hope they consider these two.
Old 09-01-2016, 08:25 PM   #47
Antimacy
Fantastic Four

Rick looks great, the sculpt seems to be really well done. I'd like to know the ES as well. My guess is around 500.
Antimacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 08:51 PM   #48
AlizAbef

GG definitely tweaked Rick's brows for the better. They did the same thing with Maggie, although her lips were also tweaked, and both have come out looking better than their solicited prototypes. This new tweak gives Rick a much needed focused and serious facial expression. Here's the prototype at last year's Con. His expression looks like he's just listening to someone's sorrowful zombie story.

The new expression makes him look like he doesn't want to believe or hear what you have to say about where you came from, because he's going to kill you if you cross him.
Old 09-02-2016, 12:19 AM   #49
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

This piece turned out nice. I'll definitely be adding it to my collection in due time. Shame this line seems to have died.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 10:10 AM   #50
AlizAbef

I checked eBay to see if I can find an edition size to Rick since it seems to be so classified, and thankfully one of the auctions had it posted. According to that auction there are 400 total.